Thread: New Blank Site is not building a mulitlayout region correctly

Default New Blank Site is not building a mulitlayout region correctly

When I open a new site with no templates it does not enable Mulitlayout regions correctly

For heaven's sake, how do you expect us to help you if you don't
    a) explain in detail what problem you're having
    b) what steps you are taking to produce the problem
    c) what steps you have taken to resolve the issue
    d) a URL so we can see what is happening.

Sorry my bad. All I did was select the MultiLayout Region tool. Everyone says by default I should get a simple tab control. There should be a MLR.css added to my site. This is not happening. I have read the guide. And I understand how to modify the CSS but it is not there. I see the files in the style directory. Other template when you add them to the style will add the necessary MLR.

I have manually added the MLR to the Active Style but when I add the Region with the tool nothing changes. I am will working on the URL when I preview only the active layout is displayed. There are no control tabs

So you're starting with a blank site? When I start with a blank site I can draw a tab top MLR and get a tab showing in design view. Can you post a screen grab of fusion in design view showing what's happening (or rather, not happening) on your screen. What are you site output options set to?

Each region has a unique label. The design is the third label and the Preview only shows the first region. as you see neither screen shot has any control tabs. I also included the Style ViewClick image for larger version. 

Name:	StyleView.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	1535Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Design.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	1533Click image for larger version. 

Name:	preview.png 
Views:	409 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	1534

I have also used templates with Mulitlayouts already used in the template and they show correctly in all the areas. I was under the impression from other posts that as soon as I dragged the tool onto the screen it would populate the site with the basic tab controls. I think there is something wrong in my install. I upgraded from Fusion XII to 2013 and installed both updates.
    Last edited by adellis2330; 07-06-2013 at 08:08 PM. Reason: added more input

you selected multi layout region, nothing happens there until you change the region manually in design view, the user will not be able to change it

I believe you may want to try tabs top instead

Thank you everyone.
    I am now seeing what I was doing wrong. On my display there is no pull down indicator on the site of the MultiLayout region Tool and I was unaware of the options available.

yes, the Nof toolbar can be very confusing and often hide important options, I have smart layout disabled, this shows all options providing you have at least 1920x1080 desktop