Thread: Upgrade or stick with NOF 8 on XP

Banned

Default Upgrade or stick with NOF 8 on XP

What is the latest version of NOF that I can use on XP? I've had problems with the standard tools not installing. I have to cut and paste pics, text and layout region etc., and have been doing this for some time. I updated several times and had even worse problems. So I reinstalled from CD and tried to build a site from scratch, but still no standard tools. I thought the best thing now is to upgrade to the latest but still stick with XP, for the time being. So again...What is the latest version I can get for XP?
    Last edited by Reacher; 07-07-2013 at 12:59 AM.

Your standard tools palette may be off of your visual screen area (it is a floating palette)

Try raising your screen rez to the max and see if you find it. If you do, move it to the center of the screen and set your rez back down to your normal setting
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Banned

No, the palette is not floating. When you use the view menu to select the standard palette it is attached to the window in horizontal position. It only detaches when I move it. But this is not the issue. I deleted NOF 8 using windows control panel and then reinstalled. Still had no standard tools. I did notice that there appeared to be two NOF 8s installed on this computer. The newly installed one says 5,445.00MB, and the other says 1,634.00MB. When I try to unistall the 1,634 I get an error msg that has to to with "setup DLL/setup DLL.ccp(485) and then refers to SP3". This looks like a conflict w/ SP3. Right now I am resolved to moving NOF and everything else to a newer computer. I already moved over NOF 8 and it installed OK w/ all the tools.

So now my other question was: What is the latest version that I can upgrade to for those of us who still use win XP? I did notice some goodies on 9 that don't appear on 8.

This is what I am trying to do: set up an ezine and I need a secure guestbook and some method of controlling thousands of email responses for the ezine.