Thread: Setting Form Edit Field with URL Parameters

Default Setting Form Edit Field with URL Parameters

I am sending URL parameters /localhost/html/index.html?ComSource=1&RecID=1

I want to set on one of the Form Edit Fields with the value of ComSource.

I have tried several methods.
    I have put <?php echo $_GET["ComSource"[; ?> in the text field of the Form Edit Field parameters. It is not working. I need to verify that I am getting the parameters correctly because I will be passing them on to another page.

I have even tried using $NOF_REQUEST->FORM["ComSource"] in pace of the GET statement.

Ideally I will be passing the parameter on through the hidden field in the Forms Properties

I am stuck I have searched the internet and my reference books all the examples do not work.

The reason I am trying is, is that I will be using the same page to update a dbase from several other pages with the ComSource and RecID

Might just be that your page file extension needs to be .php rather than .html.

(-;
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

The Page does not have a DB connector. There is only a Form. NOF does not create a php extension for the page. I tried the code on other pages that are .php and the same code does not work.
    Also I ran into a problem since the page is not a php page the calling page does not work if I use the POST method on the Form I had to use the GET.

I am fairly new to php and my skills are not were I would like them.
    What is interesting is sometime the page renders with the code partially displayed in the field. The code stops at GET[. It appears there is an issue with the double quotes. I have tied single quotes with not success.

I found my problem. As was stated I needed to force NOF to create a .PHP by putting a DB connector and the <? php echo $NOF_REQUEST->FORM("xxx"); ?> works.

You don't need the DB connector. True, it forces the page extension, but all you really need to do is change the file extension for the page in Site View.

I have some PHP/MySQL tutorials on BeyondFusion that you may find helpful.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums