Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Import Website

It "can" be done but the results are spotty.

Most of the time the database that is created is so wonky and outlandishly bloated that it takes far more time to "fix" all of the issues than it does to start all over again.

There have been attempts at "helping the import from code" function. Back in Fusion 5, proprietary code was generated that "helped" Fusion to try to put humpty dumpty back together but even with the bloated proprietary code it was still problematic.

The results were so spotty that the current release of the product no longer has this "feature" available.

You might be better off asking for a graphic rendition of what is wanted and build the parts from that single graphic.

I know a number of designers that start off with a single graphic rendition of the site "concept" and work from there.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I appreciate the response. I think at this point I'm going to try to sub out a builder who can slap together basic, static sites in fusion. If I can find someone willing to do so cheap ;-) any takers out there?

You can always have your potential prospects grab a copy of the Free version of Fusion then export a template and send it to you.

http://netobjects.com/html/free-webs...-software.html

Problem is, the program is so easy to use that they may find that they can do it all on their own
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Where did the feature go in v2013? From the file menu it's not there and I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by RadCat View Post
    Where did the feature go in v2013? From the file menu it's not there and I need it.
    Once suddenly I also had a same feature issue with this FMWhatsApp which disappears, But when I look for it's update and update it to the new version my issue got solved.