Thread: Validating two Form Edit fields equal

Default Validating two Form Edit fields equal

I am using NOF 2013 I have a form with several fields. I am trying to use the Form Validate tool using patternMatch to compare two of the fields. I can not seem to get this to work.

I have tried using various methods of getting the data from the First field, with no success.

Is there an easy what to do this?

Thank everyone for reviewing the topic.
    I found a work around by submitting the form to the next page and using database conditional options, I can check the two form edit fields being equal and produce an error.

I have to admit I wasn't quite sure what it is you wanted to do and why. How about producing a short tutorial to illustrate?

I've done this when asking the user to enter their email twice... and then using javascript to compare the two before moving on to process the form input.

LBA
    I tried using the php options that NOF uses to check the two values. I found this in ss_signup.php but I am not sure how to implement. I tried to do this at the time of the Submit button but I am not sure how to display the error and stay on the form.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Franko:

I have two field Password and retype password. I was trying to use the pattern option in for form validation section to matchpattern but I am not sure how to set patterns. I can not find any documentation on the patternmatch function. I looked at the ss_Signup.php for the secure site to see how NOF does this and it is done through a field comparison. However, I do not see how to high light the fields. The work around is fine.

I did that aspect of the validation outside of NOF, using something like this http://lab.artlung.com/compare-fields/.