Thread: Disappointed with V13 and Email Form

Lightbulb Disappointed with V13 and Email Form

Saturday, July 27, 2013

I've very Disappointed with NOF V13 and the Email Form, after years of requesting this feature which is widely available even for Wordpress with Gravity Email Form Plugin, NOF13 seems to have dropped the ball with yet another version of the most important component of an email form. The Question and the Answer sent in the email posting.

QUESTION = ANSWER
    NAME = JOHN SMITH
    EMAIL = John@gmail.com
    ADDRESS = 123 ANY STREET
    CITY= ROME
    COUNTRY = ITALY

Wouldn't it be nice to get emails from our forms Click image for larger version. 

Name:	form.png 
Views:	822 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	1548that delivers both the question and the answer?

Did I just BLOW $80 for an upgrade that can't even deliver this? BELOW IS A SCREEN GRAB OF WHAT GRAVITY FORMS CAN DELIVER FOR WORDPRESS Perhaps it's time for NOF to Call Gravity Forms and ask them the "HOW TO" question.

Unsure of the problem. Anything in the screen grab can be dome with a NoF form.

David,

The issue is a long standing one. When a form is submitted and an email sent with the form data, only the data is sent, and not the labels. It can make interpreting the data rather tricky.

So in the example given, the NOF Form email contains the following:

JOHN SMITH
    John@gmail.com
    123 ANY STREET
    ROME
    ITALY

Rather than...
    NAME = JOHN SMITH
    EMAIL = John@gmail.com
    ADDRESS = 123 ANY STREET
    CITY= ROME
    COUNTRY = ITALY

Well, it's obvious what each piece of information refers to you say. But what if you have some check boxes or radio buttons, then you might get something like this:

JOHN SMITH
    John@gmail.com
    123 ANY STREET
    ROME
    ITALY
    YES
    TRUE
    NO

Long ago I started using Tectite FormMail which has a bunch of options and security features. It's free to use if you don't mind configuring it on your own.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Default Anything in the screen grab can be dome with a NoF form

Quote Originally Posted by 1FugleyKiwi View Post
    Unsure of the problem. Anything in the screen grab can be dome with a NoF form.
    WOW! That sounds GREAT!....OK, How can I get the Questions posted in the EMail that gets submitted?

I don't see any documentation for NOF 13 doing this.

THANKS

JP

i'm just getting started with NOF13, and after reading the OPs post, i wasn't sure if my email form included the labels or not...
    so i tried it, and i did get the labels:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	626 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	1549

i notice in NOF13, when i add a form element to the form page, it includes its own label, which i have to reposition.
    maybe if this automatic label is deleted the label isn't included in the email?
    don't know without testing, but i am getting the labels in my email form.

Just wondering if you would share where the << form element >> is? I'm lost....there are no road signs in the jungle of NOF.

by 'form element', i mean one of the form 'objects' in the Form Tools window, like the 'button' or 'edit field' or 'checkbox'.
    i followed the instructions in the Version 11 user guide on http://netobjects.com/html/documentation.html

when i select one of the 'objects' in the Form Tools window and place it onto the Form Area on a Page, i get the object, plus a label along with it. the text of the label is what shows up in the email along with the user input.

Thanks for the response electrum....got it working but it's shy of anything as well done as in a Gravity form.....NOF needs to learn a lesson from Gravity forms for Wordpress as they are the PROFESSIONALS in creating and delivering Email Forms. I feel NOF is probably NOW being developed in a 3rd World country since it can't even deliver a manual for the last 3 versions. It's CRYSTAL CLEAR there is a language problem not a TASK problem! NOF is becoming more and more of a struggle than when it was first developed, at least then there was documentation and good support. If you are on a budget then the upgrade is not worth the effort as it's been released without even a manual....this makes it just another BETA version as everyone needs to fend for themselves.