Thread: NOF Essentials - Installation doesn't do anything

Default NOF Essentials - Installation doesn't do anything

Hi
    I successfully downloaded NOF-Essentials.exe, and then choose Setup on the 3 item menu. Then it sits there, it says "unpacking" and then nothing happens... I've left it for 24 hours, and it's still there, doing nothing.

I'm running Windows 7. No directory gets set up under Program Files. There is a process, but it's not active. I have tried disabling anti virus, and firewall. I've set User Access Control to "not notify". Nothing makes any difference

Please has anyone any idea how I can get it to install?

Many Thanks
    C

Run the installer as an administrator. See this gotfusion tutorial for more details

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4036
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Run the installer as an administrator. See this gotfusion tutorial for more details

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4036
    Thanks for the installation guide. I've tried installing as administrator, but it makes no difference. I don't get past the Win-Zip Self Extractor prompt - it never goes away, and nothing is installed. There are no files in Program Files (x86)/Windows/temp.

I'd appreciate any more suggestions

Thx
    C

You may have received a bad download.

Run through the web site "get the free software" page again and get another download copy and SN/key.

If you are using any "download managers" disable them before getting another copy
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    You may have received a bad download.

Run through the web site "get the free software" page again and get another download copy and SN/key.

If you are using any "download managers" disable them before getting another copy

Tried again (for the 15th time...), and ran it as Administrator, with anti-virus and firewalls witched off. Still nothing.
    Any other ideas?

many thanks
    C

At this stage I'd get rid of Winzip and let win 7 do the extraction. Winszip (and other archiving utilities) is not really necessary any more and it may be that it has become corrupted or is unable to extract the archive for some reason.

The other thought I had is that you do not have premission to install software (ie are you using an administrator account on the computer; install as administrator won't work if you're not, in fact, an administrator).