Thread: Cannot optimize NOF 2013 site having Flash Nav Bars

Default Cannot optimize NOF 2013 site having Flash Nav Bars

Whenever I try to optimize an NOF 2013 site that contains Flash Navigation Bars it crashes in the last step (importing pages into the site). This includes a vanilla 3 page empty site. Is there a fix for this?

Carl

Yes - get rid of the flash nav bars. They will not be displayed on any iOS device - iPads or iPhones. If you must have them (and I cannot think of any good reason to have them) then make sure you have fully redundant navigation on your site, preferably of the sort that can be read by a browser that has java, javascript and flash disabled or not installed (eg text to speech readers used by visually impaired people). Of course, if it's an intranet and you have full control over the browsers your people are using, then disregard the above advice.

Thanks. I was using the flash navs because of their appearance (they are smaller and "flashier") requiring less desktop space.

You can use any half way decent graphics program to design your own navs, make them as large or as small as you need.

Thanks. I will give it a try.