Thread: WowSlider problem in NOF 12 & 13

Question WowSlider problem in NOF 12 & 13

Hi,

I am having a problem with WowSliders inserted in to a NetObjects built website.

http://www.english-hiker.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
    - New Zealand\
     Roturua
     Auckland

http://www.english-hiker.pwp.blueyon...a/rotorua.html

The Rotorua page shows a partial coloured frame in between transititions (for example (picture 1 – partial coloured frame – picture 1, then picture 2 – partial coloured frame – picture 2) etc. etc. The WowSlider body html is within a text box. The engine1 & Datat1 folders are in the Rotorua folder

http://www.english-hiker.pwp.blueyon.../auckland.html

The Auckland page shows a blank frame in between transititions (for example (picture 1 – blank, then picture 2 – blank) etc. etc. The WowSlider body html is within a text box. The engine1 & Datat1 folders are in the Auckland folder

My system is; Windows 7 pro 64bit / Internet Explorer v9 / NetObjects v12 / NetObjects v13 / WowSlider v4.5

Did you use Ctrl-T to enter the slider code or did you just paste it directly into the text box?

Hi franko,

I double-clicked the text box so that the cursor was blinking, then selected the second icon on the text properties palette, then clicked on the HTML button. Then pasted in the Code.

By the way, the fault also shows up when I do a local publish to my E: drive or to my Netgear ReadyNas drive.

Regards
    Last edited by quiberon; 09-16-2013 at 01:17 AM.

Interesting. I don't see the issue(s) when I use Firefox or Chrome, but in IE8 it's not good at all.

Try turning off "Quirks Mode" by unchecking the box in HTMLOptions.

Top menue bar:
    Tools -> Options -> Current Site... > First Tab "General"
    Click HTML Options...
    At the bottom UNCHECK "Use Quirks Mode doctype".
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Hi,

RayC;

I have followed your suggestion and done a test upload to my local E-drive and to my ReadyNas and the fault didn't show up.

I will do webspace reset and a full remote publish now, hopefully then I can convert all my slide galleries to sliders without anymore problem.

Thanks.

Added:

Just done a full publish, changed assets only, (didn't bother with a webspace reset). The fault has disappeared, It appears that Quirks mode was the problem.

Thanks again.

Kind Regards
    Last edited by quiberon; 09-16-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quiberon View Post
    Hi,

RayC;

I have followed your suggestion and done a test upload to my local E-drive and to my ReadyNas and the fault didn't show up.

I will do webspace reset and a full remote publish now, hopefully then I can convert all my slide galleries to sliders without anymore problem.

Thanks.

Added:

Just done a full publish, changed assets only, (didn't bother with a webspace reset). The fault has disappeared, It appears that Quirks mode was the problem.

Thanks again.

Kind Regards
    the only downside of disabling quirks mode is that it breaks javascript flyout submenus, but your site does not use any

ideally, change html mode to HTML5 with UDF8 char set then these slider issues will vanish in IE8