Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fusion 13 - Worth the upgrade!

Message Steve Raubenstein with your offer of help. I'd love to see a *nix version, especially as it would be trivial to compile for Mac. But I suspect development right now is aimed at staying up with/ahead of the plethora of other wysiwyg code generators out there.

<rant>
    There are just so many people wanting to be web developers without bothering to learn and practice basic coding and so many software developers offering them products to help them do it. Symptomatic of our society, I'm afraid. Everyone wants to be an expert NOW without the tedious chore of actually studying and practicing. Same with photography, video, cooking, writing (especially writing!), and pretty much every other creative endevour. There are laws in most countries that prevent wannabes from practicing, for example, surgery without qualification but no laws in place to protect the public from unqualified people in most creative spheres. </rant?

Oh, and my opinion of 2013 is that it's a big leap in Fusion, as big as v10 was over the previous versions. Not perfect, as I said before; indeed, far from perfect. But so is everything else. Find a combination of products that works well for you and stick with them. For me it's Fusion 2013 and Wordpress/Artisteer combo. Plus BlueGriffon and NetBeands. (Have you tried NetBeans IDE? It sounds like it might be right up your alley allowing you to write everything from html5 to ruby to perl to JS.)

With all the complicated and useless things overwhelming us in society we tend to seek easy things eventually rendering ourselves Old and Outdated!.

For example COBOL - or ADL who needs or uses people with those skills now that PCP,Java, Ajax etc.. are needed, so people as they get old begin to realize its all jargon, just something to keep the people busy!, The goal is to get it done and fast functional etc... that's why I was an assembler expert for a long time.

FUSION was my First choice as well as the same for hundreds of people, I had at my peak at least 50 or more clients using it and it was a bonanza, WHY it was for people who didn't WANT to learn and also for people who wanted the basic done already and the extras they can add later!, it was fast, furious, secure with good backups, and easy and functional...Not like the monster it has become.

Yes as I get older I get lazier, I have more important fish to fry rather than reconstructing .nod file, waiting 5 minutes for a page to load, having exports as backups.

AND I want something that does it all as fusion does when it works!

Well, 2013 is very fast compared with v11 or any previous version. Mike at GotFusion rans some tests on a large test site he maintains purely for testing purposes and it loaded and moved between views very quickly. You might want to try 2013 purely for that reason if you're maintaining a number of largish sites.

Philosophically I agree with all you've said. These days I have interests other than web sites, advertising, photography, etc. Like saving souls which is my main preoccupation and my main occuptation. The other stuff is subsidiary to that.

Ahh a aman of religion, AT 9I read the bible for the first time, at 12 or 13 the talmut then 18 was the Koran, I went through every religious text I found and wasn't impressed. I worked for the interchurch center for 7 years in the city !!.

When I went to college I went the science route right through quantum physics, A++ grades I understood it all well said my teacher who was surprised!.

All in all I discovered I am STILL stupid!

Good luck with the savings of souls, I am sorry but the virgin king no longer impresses me. I am a 1 god Christian if such a thing can exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Duftopia View Post
    the virgin king no longer impresses me. I am a 1 god Christian
    Isn't that a contradiction?

Not really, remember in the 1898- year bibles when asked "are you god" Jesus did not reply yes, or worship me or heaven can wait. Every bible these days are different, so it is implied there STILL is only one god and that at best Jesus assumes the crown of being his son.

BUT does any of this help make up my mind to dish out another $75 for fusion, Not really, but if its a reflection on faith (which one must have in order to suffer the fusion experience year after year and still contemplate BUYING yet another copy of it)!.

Duf

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post

<rant>
    There are just so many people wanting to be web developers without bothering to learn and practice basic coding and so many software developers offering them products to help them do it. Symptomatic of our society, I'm afraid. Everyone wants to be an expert NOW without the tedious chore of actually studying and practicing. Same with photography, video, cooking, writing (especially writing!), and pretty much every other creative endevour. There are laws in most countries that prevent wannabes from practicing, for example, surgery without qualification but no laws in place to protect the public from unqualified people in most creative spheres. </rant?
    I wouldn't relate website creation to surgery (although I have heard some say it feels like performing such) but as far as the description goes to be symptomatic of our society, I am not afraid, You and I both capitalize on it, or at least offer the service to those who know their place, that being they know they are not needing a doctorate or some other certificate to build a website. Ex: Wankle built a rotary engine, Mazda built an automobile around it. I bought a license that allows me to drive it. While I do not or care to know how the automobile was built, I cann take my wife in to the movies, or show her how to drive it and hopefully not get whiplash every time she pops the clutch. Neither one of us could care less that we didn't build the transportation ourselves. A professional driver is rarely a professional mechanic as well. Go Sebastian Vettel !

I only referred to you not being impressed by Jesus then saying you were Christian.

Since there is no trial version 2013 NOF, you do have to shell $75 into the collection plate based on faith. I'm sure franko will state John 14:6 for you just like you're using him to buy 2013. I think one of them doesn't offer a refund.

Well I waited for some 3rd party seller to offer downloads of version 11 and boy did I get my ass kicked!. It was I think like $40.

I can't afford to play risk with fusion, version 11 DOES not work with ftps, hangs too much and is hell on earth to re-install when MS does an update!. I will not pay good money to face those circumstances again, I am the only user left so I can wait till someone reputable buys them - Maybe Avanquest!, they were A++ for a long time when they bought out Vcomm.

If I win the lottery fusion will be one of my acquisitions, I can buy them for 8 mill. Anyone want to lend me some $$$, I always got rewards for my programming skills, whenever they were used or needed.