Thread: Fusion 13 - Worth the upgrade!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fusion 13 - Worth the upgrade!

I ran fusion 4, 5, 6, MX, 8, 10, 11 it only got worse and worse after MX. In fact I am crippled again due to a Microsoft visual c error that comes up in my fusion 11 pro, I expect (if the gods shine on me) 1 week it will be fixed, that would be tomarrow!!

It takes a good 2 - 4 months to SOMETIMES get someone to fix my fusion and now that I am the ONLY client left from over 30 in the past that still runs fusion I am wondering have the Fusion people got there act straight yet with version 13.

Be specific, I own/support unix, dreamweaver, frontpage webeasy, yahoo website builders for supporting where my clients and just got serifs program (not installed yet) I have a new client and want to see if fusion would be good I have about 1 week to decide and can't even show him fusion 11 in action.

He wants to build a mostly static website for a lumber industry, fusion is okay for that but I really don't want to re-start the process and make my clients miserable in the long run when failure occur, and support does not exist.

Please be honest, one day soon I am really hoping that they break out as the #1 leader in website building software, I had nearly a decade of wonderful use and support in the 80-90s' and love many user features that are unbeatable, but should I dish out another $75 YET in hopes that my ms visual c and a dozen other issues go away or is the company still in its shithole mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Duftopia View Post
    Be specific, I own/support unix, dreamweaver, frontpage webeasy, yahoo website builders for supporting where my clients and just got serifs program (not installed yet) I have a new client and want to see if fusion would be good I have about 1 week to decide and can't even show him fusion 11 in action.
    I also love NOF and its usability - I still use 11 for many sites- but for all its 'new versions' (basic updates of its older versions) it still seems pretty much dead in the water
    Any new projects I currently start in either Wordpress (for its mobile support), or Serif Webplus, for its ease of use.

If Netobjects even attempted to stay up to date, I would never have strayed. I'm only thankful that web browsers continue to support older web design methods, meaning my older NOF sites still display as they should - NOF was brilliant at what it did, but is sadly falling way behind current technology.

This thread lost my reply, very typical for fusion.

I just got serif yesterday Webplus x5, will install it and start my clients site using that or a4deskpro, if its anyeher as good as fusion MX was I will go through the trouble of converting my web site to it and finally leaving the fusion world... What a shame, I so hoped they would fix the bleeding arterys instead of adding shiney stuff and bandaging small scratches fusion 13 has 2 patches already... Not a good reflection of change.

Funny how an agenda can taint your interpretation of events. I see regular patches as an indication of a commitment to fix problems that crop up. There was a time when updates would be a year or more apart and people would wonder if NO had gone out of business.

HTML5 and CSS3 are the new emerging standards that NOF13 now supports. Yes, not much else has changed. If you ask 10 users what should be changed, you'll get 10 completely different (and often mutually exclusive) answers.

I'm sure Webplus is a fine program. Happy website building.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Funny how an agenda can taint your interpretation of events
    I had nearly a decade of wonderful use and support in the 80-90s'
    Yes indeed. FYI, the web didn't exist in the '80s and NoF certainly didn't. Tim Berners-Lee wrote the protocols for html and http while at CERN in Switzerland and published them in 1990. They started being used in scientific and academic circles the following year, but it was a couple more years before the wider internet community started to use it. At that time the only browsers were text based - Lynx being the most common but there were others such as Grail (written in Python). Marc Andreeson wrote the first graphical browser, Mosaic, in '94-ish while at NCSA and this became the basis for Netscape. Netobjects came out about 1995 as a beta and v1 followed in, from memory, 1996. It certainly wasn't around in the 80's.

I do get my dates out of wack Most definitely. But I "back in the time", very few apps were available to do the more advanced things I wanted, so I was always the first to into them.

I was on the PCPursuit (not www internet), auctionbay, rss feeds (forgot what they were called back then) etc...

I am almost certain that I was running fusion before 95, maybe 93 cause I was also on auctionbay, yahoo auctions, baragainandhaggle etc.. and wanted all my adds to be online.

In Any case I had many many good years with fusion, to end this way is discouraging to say the least, maybe I will change my mind again.

Thanks for the History!, but I discovered as of late FACTS are not necessarily facts WMD in iraw, Rx-7's 19MPG (wrong try 28mpg), Steve jobs MADE apple (where wozniak?), etc...

OH don't take offense (Australians are the most honest people I can trust they won't rip me off on eBay) 2011 WRONG!, Still I love you guys wanted to immigrate 14 years ago!

Michael (duf)

PS: Any comments on fusion 13, do they have there MOJO Back?