Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer site from NOF11 to NOF2013 - NOF 2013 stops working

Default Transfer site from NOF11 to NOF2013 - NOF 2013 stops working

Running Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit and NOF 2013 version 13.00.0000.5513

Installed NOF2013 with no dramas all went well, I need to transfer a site from NOF11 to NOF2013. Exported the NOF11 site as a template, no dramas. Running NOF2013 as administrator selected New Site > From template all seemed to go well until the site layout displayed, the Home page came up then the following message appeared:

--------------------------------------------------------
    NetObjects Fusion 2013 has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working properly
    Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution
    is available.
    --------------------------------------------------------

No other error messages or error codes appeared. As a novice user of NOF I have no idea why this occurred, can anybody throw some light on the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Have you installed both the updates?

Yes both updates were installed after the installation and prior to using NOF2013,

Perhaps I should clarify my previous answer regarding the updates; I've always been led to believe that the latest update contains all of the previous updates, so in this situation only the latest update was installed. If this is not the case then what is required, do we re-install NOF2013 then install each update individually?

You're right, the second update should be sufficient but sometimes it helps to install them cumulatively. Don't think it's your problem, though. There was a problem with the tablet settings in windows 7 and 8 but that was resolved in one of the updates. I get the same message from windows with most programs at one time or another but not every time I load a program.

I'm sorry, I don't use windows 8 and so don't know it well enough to help any further. I don't think it's a Fusion issue though, more likely windows and probably a conflict. Just a thought - have you updated your video driver to the latest version; I seem to remember this being mentioned as a solution once before.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    You're right, the second update should be sufficient but sometimes it helps to install them cumulatively. Don't think it's your problem, though. There was a problem with the tablet settings in windows 7 and 8 but that was resolved in one of the updates. I get the same message from windows with most programs at one time or another but not every time I load a program.

I'm sorry, I don't use windows 8 and so don't know it well enough to help any further. I don't think it's a Fusion issue though, more likely windows and probably a conflict. Just a thought - have you updated your video driver to the latest version; I seem to remember this being mentioned as a solution once before.
    Thanks for your reply, I'll check the video driver, if that doesn't fix the problem I'll consider a reinstall. I'll let you know the result.

Quote Originally Posted by firstbas View Post
    Perhaps I should clarify my previous answer regarding the updates; I've always been led to believe that the latest update contains all of the previous updates, so in this situation only the latest update was installed. If this is not the case then what is required, do we re-install NOF2013 then install each update individually?
    Updates are cumulative, so installing AU2 will include fixes for AU1.

Default Transfer site from NOF11 to NOF2013 - NOF 2013 stops working

Thanks for your reply, I'll check the video driver, if that doesn't fix the problem I'll consider a reinstall. I'll let you know the result.
    Well I'll probably stay with NOF11 for existing websites and use NOF2013 for new sites. I've checked the video driver and it is up to date/current, reinstalled NOF2013 (AV software turned off) ran both of the updates in succession run NOF2013 as administrator, and the problem persists. I've been following the GotFusion tutorials for backing up and transferring sites, are these tutorials applicable to NOF2013 as well as earlier versions?

Thanks in advance

I've been following the GotFusion tutorials for backing up and transferring sites, are these tutorials applicable to NOF2013 as well as earlier versions?

Thanks in advance
    Yes, You can transfer and backup projects using those two tutorials regardless of which version of Fusion (starting with version 1 and going through to the current release).

Are you going through all of the steps outlined in the export tutorial (verify, delete unused assets, re-optimize, export)?

Can you import the template back into Fusion 11 (using a diffrent name) or do you get the same problem in Fusion 11?
    Last edited by gotFusion; 09-23-2013 at 10:25 AM.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Yes, You can transfer and backup projects using those two tutorials regardless of which version of Fusion (starting with version 1 and going through to the current release).

Are you going through all of the steps outlined in the export tutorial (verify, delete unused assets, re-optimize, export)?

Can you import the template back into Fusion 11 (using a diffrent name) or do you get the same problem in Fusion 11?
    I have been backing up regularly with NOF11 and have been following all the required steps, and have had no problems. I have recently had my system completely upgraded (prior to NOF2013 installation). I had to re-install NOF11 and had no problem importing and running the site.