Thread: How do you add a Strong Tag and is it advisable?

Default How do you add a Strong Tag and is it advisable?

I am researching ways to make certain words stand out to search engines other than Titles, H1, H2, and Alt Tags. I am reading about adding the <strong>strong</strong> to certain key words.

Couldn't see how to add this option to my style sheet.

Your advice will help.
    Thank you,
    Vickie Christensen

Use the bold tag <b>text</b> as it is backward compatable with every browser (and it is on your formatting toolbar).

You can highlight text, hold the ctrl key and press the b key which is the keyboard short cut to the bold command
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thank you for the clarification. The author mentioned both bold and strong, but it sounds like they are interchangeable for SEO.

You can add a <strong> tag as you can add any html tag by using Ctrl-T where you want it in the text. You can also add it as a pseudo class by defining it as a new style in the Manage Styles dialog box.