Thread: Windows 7 installation - NetObjects 2013 application not launching

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Windows 7 installation - NetObjects 2013 application not launching

I am having problems installing a upgrade NetObjects 2013 on a new Windows 7 64 PC.

I have followed the installation process which seems to complete ok, but when I click to launch the 2013 applicication nothing happens. It shows as running in the processes section. (Task manager) but nothing in applications.

I have tried several installations. Used a third party to uninstall everything (registry etc). Tried installing the 2013 updates before instalation/launching etc. Made sure to update version 12 before instillation. Incidentally version 12 work perfectly. Tried disabling the tablet thing. (Long shot) with no joy.

I have checked my firewall, and made sure 2013 is allowed etc.... I previously ran 2013 and 2012 on an old vista PC with no issues. Really at a loss as to what to try next. All other programmes run fine. Also I have tried changing the setting to run as administrator as recommended in other posts, again no joy.

Any suggestions would be much welcome, and thanks in advance for your time.

Hi Lucas,

Can you please let me know what version of Java you are currently running? You can verify your Java version using the following link:

http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

Thanks,
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Default I'm getting the same problems too.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Hi Lucas,

Can you please let me know what version of Java you are currently running? You can verify your Java version using the following link:

http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

Thanks,
    Is there a resolution yet?

I'm using the latest JAVA updates. I've reinstalled NOF2013 and tried the 32 and 64 bit java paltforms. I've cleaned the registry and reset IE to default settings.
    Mark

Default Same Issue for me

Hi, any resolution to this problem yet?. I just posted on a different part of forum but then found this thread. Quite frustrating knowing it is running in background somewhere. I was in the middle of working on a site when this problem started, Not too happy really. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by adamsm28 View Post
    Is there a resolution yet?

I'm using the latest JAVA updates. I've reinstalled NOF2013 and tried the 32 and 64 bit java paltforms. I've cleaned the registry and reset IE to default settings.
    Mark

We are working directly with a few (less than 5) customers who are experiencing similar problems. Please make sure you submit a ticket in our support system so we can work with you to identify the root cause and fix it.

Make it one more customer. After getting the infamous "JDK not installed" prompt, I updated to the latest (v7u45). Restarted NOF13, got the "update available" notice. Went ahead and clicked the get/install button. Installer crashed, manually downloaded the update 3 installer, installed it. Now, I try to start NOF and I see it's a running process, taking ~15% CPU but it's not available.

Quote Originally Posted by rsaucier63 View Post
    Make it one more customer. After getting the infamous "JDK not installed" prompt, I updated to the latest (v7u45). Restarted NOF13, got the "update available" notice. Went ahead and clicked the get/install button. Installer crashed, manually downloaded the update 3 installer, installed it. Now, I try to start NOF and I see it's a running process, taking ~15% CPU but it's not available.
    Issue resolved. Uninstalled NOF13, reinstalled, then manually applied update 3. NOF runs but haven't done much work on site yet.

Default Windows 7 installation NetObjects 2013 application not launching

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Could you please enable the debug mode and send us the XML code for both windows and linux?

Awaiting for your reply.