Thread: Overlapping objects

Default Overlapping objects

My first question, so be gentle

I am redesigning a site using NOF 2013 and the home page is made up of some jpegs that act as boxes with rounded edged borders, The reason for doing this is that i have editied them with photo shop and they have a nice drop shadow to make them stand out off the page (white background). Now i have started putting content into the site, i find that i cannot overlay a text box or image onto these jpeg's, is there a way around this ?

Sorry if there is an obvious answer.

Two ways to do this:
    1. Use your box graphic as a background image in a text box, table or layout region. Then insert your content into that.
    2. Change your Site Generation from HTML 4.01 with tables to HTML 4.01 (Tools -> Options -> Current Site...)
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

As an alternative to Ray's suggestion you can draw a layout region and set the doctype to allow overlapping and place what you need overlapped (images text etc) within that layout region.

this gotFusion tutorial will go over more details: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4027
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks for the help on this one !
    Much appreciated