Thread: Using NOF since version 4.. now stuck in 12 with windows 8

Default Using NOF since version 4.. now stuck in 12 with windows 8

When I got a new computer last year it came with Windows 8 and at that time I was using NOF 11.

Can't remember exactly how many version I had between 4 and 11...

Well 11 was a nightmare in Windows 8.. so I bit the bullet again and purchased 12..

Better but so far from perfect. When I change pages the program does not respond for about a minute (not responding) and then it finally comes out of it to proceed with my work. Of course I need to hit save all the time to spare myself from losing valuable work..

So what am I writing this for ??

So now there is version 13 and if I want that one it's going to cost me again !!!
    I don't build pages for a living. I do this to promote myself as an artisan.. And have had great success with my site and have been 100% happy with NOF and the help I received on these boards. I just wish I can receive version 13 as a courtesy for a good customer who really just needs a proper update to get my version 12 working properly as all of my previous versions did . Thanks for reading. Joel

Create a new blank site
    Add 20 or so pages

See if it is slow changing.

If it is not, then the issue is with your database file not Windows and Not Fusion.

If your problem is with your database file it will not matter what version you are running as you will be taking the problem with you.

Find and fix the problem in your database file and it will run in any version.

Start with the basic clean up.

verify assets and delete unused assets
    Run re-optimize
    Export to template
    Import back into Fusion under a different name

If this does not clean your database file then you will need to do more digging to find the page with the problem and resolve it.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Okay... so I verify all my assets ... all check fine. I re-optimize and then check assets again and it can't find some that are clearly in the assets folder.. C:\Users\jojodwolf\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\jlfurniture 1-2013\Assets . I go ahead and point the error message to the asset and it does not accept it... This was done after loading a fresh backup.. same problem happened when I did this in the version that I am presently using before I tried the backup. This issue is not a problem as I see it until I try to save it again as a template. It then lets me know of the problem and wants me to find these assets..

Well actually one by one.. I directed the error to my assets folder and it appears to be fine now.. Will see if I re-optimize if it happens again.. ?
    Last edited by dwolf; 10-11-2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: update