Thread: Problem Puplishing Locally

Default Problem Puplishing Locally

Following a major problem with my computer I had to re-install Netobjects 10 using the original cd. I transferred a saved copy of my site from a memory stick back into Netobjects. I made some changes and tried to Publish the Site using Local Publish-Entire site. It generates the HTML but does not open a copy in my Browser.
    I get the following error message
    'Can't copy file: C:\Program Files (x86)\NetObjects\NetObjects Fusion 10.0\NetObjects System\rollover.js
    Access is denied.'
    Please could you help.
    Thanks
    David

Try setting the NetObjects program to have admin rights.

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4037
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thank you for your response to my problem. I have set the NetObjects program to have admin rights. I am now able to view the Site in my Browser after Publishing Locally and everything looks fine.
    When transferring my Files to the server it appears to work normally. When I open Internet Explorer to view the site it opens an old copy of the site.
    I have followed the Tutorials on how to get a clean site by deleting the Preview and Local Publish folders on my ‘c’ drive and connected to the server to delete the old files there.
    The index.html file on the server is the current one with today’s date.
    I have checked that I am successfully connecting to the server.
    My operating system is Windows 7.
    Please can you help?
    David

Quote Originally Posted by DavidHaworth View Post
    When transferring my Files to the server it appears to work normally. When I open Internet Explorer to view the site it opens an old copy of the site.
    Alwayss force refresh a browser to view new content. If you don't you will just see what the browser has cached on your computer.

Go to the page
    Hold the control key and press the F5 (function) key.

this will tell the browser to go back and get fresh content and reload everything.

CTRL + F5 works on all browsers
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks CTRL + F5 sorted my problem. Everything seems to be ok now.
    Thanks again for all your help.
    David