Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trying to set up a form which can be emailed to me (not revealing my email address)

Greetings from NSW!

I imagine that means going into the server and I'm not sure that I can change the permissions or even if that is desirable. The point is that it does work the way I've done it.
    Last edited by kt66; 11-06-2013 at 11:29 PM. Reason: messed with grammar!

Glad you've got it working ok. Managing file permissions is part of administering a web server. Well worth reading up on permissions so you understand them as they can cause quite a few problems if they're not set correctly.

...and further to that, have just checked and those directories all have the 'w' attribute set.

Good. That means you're on a unix server Since the host's support people solved the issue for you, they probably simply set file permissions to 'read, write but not execute.'

Yes, but as a test I deleted those files, which brought back the error of course. Then I created them from scratch, and it worked.

Post removed. Repeated stuff about resolution
    Last edited by kt66; 11-13-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Post removed. Repeated stuff about resolution.