Thread: Operating NOF 11 and 13 on same computer

Default Operating NOF 11 and 13 on same computer

Is it possible to operate both versions on the same computer. I have been using NOF 11 for years and have had much success with this tool. Saving backups as templates has not been a problem. I do have an issue with the re-optimize tool, which I posted in a previous thread, in regards to using data source recordsets(queries). If the migration of NOF 11 projects to NOF13 is not successful, I would like to have the option to keep them in version 11 and start new projects in version 13.

Thanks
    Steve

You can operate all versions of Fusion on the same computer. They are separate software installs so independent of each other
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

So, when I download, I will be purchasing a full version instead of an upgrade? This way NOF11 stays as is.

Fusion upgrades are full editions. They're upgrades from a price standpoint only.

When you install an Upgrade, it has no effect on the older version(s) that may be on your computer. The new version installs in it's own folder in the NetObjects folder.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Maybe I'm being redundant here....
    I just installed NOF 2013 and I am going to migrate all NOF 12 projects to NOF 2013. It's then OK to just remove NOF 12 using Control Panel???
    Absolutely nothing is shared?

Thanks,
    Tom

Yes. If you're no longer going to update sites in 12, go ahead and uninstall if you wish.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums