Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOF 8 use with XP or Win7

Default NOF 8 use with XP or Win7

I was using version NOF8 on a XP computer so far to ceate my homepage. Before my XP computer failed, I had copied the complete Netobjects folder ( NOF8 programm files including homepage copy....) and then I tried to install the version NOF8 copy on another XP PC.
    There was always a failure report: sorry, a file is damaged...or file missing. (by the way, which filename name must I click first, to start /install the programm?)
    A few days ago, I installed the free "NO fusion essentials" on my win 7 computer and tried to open my old NOF 8 files (copy of NOF 8 made homepage) but it did not work.
    Can I install "NOF essentials" on a XP pc und open my NO8 homepage copy or what else can I do to use the NOF 8 made homepage and must not start my homepage from the very beginning?
    Thanks for your support!!

Fusion essentials is older than Fusion 8 so you cannot open newer files with an older program.

Find your Fusion 8 CD (or the downloaded installer). You will need to install from either the CD or the download file and enter the SN/key that came with the product to install it on a new computer

what is the URL of the site you are working on?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Fusion essentials is older than Fusion 8 so you cannot open newer files with an older program.

Find your Fusion 8 CD (or the downloaded installer). You will need to install from either the CD or the download file and enter the SN/key that came with the product to install it on a new computer

what is the URL of the site you are working on?
    Thanks for your quick response.
    Fusion Essentials does not work, understood.
    Unfortunately, I can`t find the CD, only the SN. Before my XP computer failed, I had copied the complete Netobjects folder ( NOF8 programm files including homepage copy....) and then I tried to install the version NOF8 copy on another XP PC.
    There was always a failure report: sorry, a file is damaged...or file missing. (by the way, which filename name must I click , what have I to do , to start /install the programm from this copy?)
    The URL is: naturheilpraxis-uta-grammes.de.

You need the NOF8 CD to install the program. It won't install from the copy you made from the NOF folders.
    And if the CD is lost ( but the serial is still there), search on ebay for some older computer magazines with NOF8 on CD included.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Quote Originally Posted by virago535 View Post
    The site looks to be 15 page? Is this correct?

If you have the SN for your old version you can use the upgrade to the new release for a lower price (upgrade is priced lower than full release).

It should not take more than an hour or so to copy/paste from your old live site into a new project file.

Back in the way back years of Fusion 4 I used to have to rebuild a site every 6 or so months. It was around 800 static pages and took 2 to 3 days which was not all that bad but I complained vigorously about having to do it

I keep that site project around and use it to "break" the beta releases as if anything can trash a beta release 800 pages loaded with components is the one to do the trampling.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Default Nof8

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    The site looks to be 15 page? Is this correct?

If you have the SN for your old version you can use the upgrade to the new release for a lower price (upgrade is priced lower than full release).

It should not take more than an hour or so to copy/paste from your old live site into a new project file.

Back in the way back years of Fusion 4 I used to have to rebuild a site every 6 or so months. It was around 800 static pages and took 2 to 3 days which was not all that bad but I complained vigorously about having to do it

I keep that site project around and use it to "break" the beta releases as if anything can trash a beta release 800 pages loaded with components is the one to do the trampling.
    Yes, the site has 15 pages.
    Ok, I will try to find a NOF 8 CD in the internet/ebay.
    By the way, is it possible to reimport the site from the provider: "Strato" ?

Default Import site from provider

Quote Originally Posted by virago535 View Post
    Yes, the site has 15 pages.
    Ok, I will try to find a NOF 8 CD in the internet/ebay.
    By the way, is it possible to reimport the site from the provider: "Strato" ?
    Meanwhile I have got a NOF8 CD and installed the programm.
    There is a NOF function, to import the current NOF8 made webside from the internet.
    It does not work directly, something is blocking the transfer.
    What should I do, to first store it on the local harddisc of my PC by FTP link and than import it locally to NOF.
    Do I need a special FTP programm or does it somehow work with NOF?
    If I import the site from the internet host, does it then disappear from the internet or is it only a copy?
    My concern: If something fails during the import/transfer process, the whole site is lost.

There is a NOF function, to import the current NOF8 made webside from the internet.
    Sorry, this is a "function" which doesn't function, and it never did.
    Cause NOF is a html generator and not a html editor.
    If you load your complete website down from the internet, you'll never be able to get it "back into" NOF to make a .nod out of it.

I would follow gotfusion's proposition and rebuild the complete website.
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Default Style (Banner and Navigationbuttons) lost

Quote Originally Posted by mia View Post
    Sorry, this is a "function" which doesn't function, and it never did.
    Cause NOF is a html generator and not a html editor.
    If you load your complete website down from the internet, you'll never be able to get it "back into" NOF to make a .nod out of it.

I would follow gotfusion's proposition and rebuild the complete website.

Meanwhile I found an older copy of my site and tried to open it with NOF8 (+updates).
    There is no longer the banner on top as well as the navagation buttons are gone.
    I found some hints in the forum, but they did not really work.
    May be, the reason is, that the side was done with NOF8 and now I have installed a NOF8 with updates.
    What can I do, to install again the missing original style parts?
    Thanks a lot!!

You have the tools right there in your tool bar.
    There is one for the banner and the navigation ( hidden in the same tool, use the drop down).
    Click the banner tool and draw a field on your page where the banner should be situated, and 1,2,3.... it's back again.
    The same you do with the navigation.