Thread: Working with background images

Default Working with background images

Hello, I am new to this program and have to make a website to my employers.
    Our idea is to have a big background image and then have some information, buttons, texts, pictures and so on over it.
    As it seems to be, there's no way to overlap other objects over pictures, so I used the background image option (as if it was embedded on the back of the page, as a background color).
    Well it seems to work, but then I would like those texts and images to be in fixed places, related to the background. For example: if my backround is a forest and a blue sky, I would like my text to be in a specific spot of that bluesky, because I don't want my forest to be covered...
    And it doesn't work, I think it is because this background moves when the size of the browser window changes (even if it is fixed in 1% horizontal and vertical).

Can anyone help me on this? I would be very very gratefull!!

Use the Zero Margins MasterBorder and set your site output to html 4.01.

And I would strongly recommend reading the documentation which can be downloaded from the Netobjects support web site. There is a User Guide and a Getting Started document both in pdf format. They haven't been updated since v11 but if you work through the Mouontain Jacques demo web site you'll learn 95% of what you need to know. This forum is here to answer the other 5% questions.

Quote Originally Posted by FRN View Post
    I would like my text to be in a specific spot of that bluesky, because I don't want my forest to be covered...
    And it doesn't work, I think it is because this background moves when the size of the browser window changes (even if it is fixed in 1% horizontal and vertical).
    This is a battle you will never win. Just after you think you've got it, someone shows you a browser (or screen) of different resolution, thus your text is in the wrong spot for every other configuration but the one you're working on, plus text on top of images makes for hard reading. You should scout out other full image background websites for design ideas, otherwise you are going in a game similar to whack-a-mole.

Beach Ape is right; I didn't fully understand what you wanted to do. In NoF you can add text to an image which NoF then renders as an image with text as part of the image. If you have advanced coding skills I believe you can anchor the text to a specific place on the image so that it stays locked to the image even if the image is resized. My coding isn't that good, though, so you might want to start Googling for a solution. But as Beach Ape says, NoF can't automagically write that sort of code. It's not intended to be an advanced programming IDE; it's a wysiwyg web page builder.