Thread: Best practices to convert v11 sites to v13 - and html5

Default Best practices to convert v11 sites to v13 - and html5

I have many sites that started back in ver 3 or 4 and have been updated to newer versions along the way. I've worked with new sites in ver13 and using html5 but am wondering what best practices for importing sites from my last version (11). I know to export the template, remove unused assets, optimizing, etc. but do most sites convert easily enough to html5? Many of the old sites made heavy use of tables - is that an issue at all? I saw some suggestions in previous posts but just wanted to get as much info as I could before getting started.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by JWebStuff View Post
    I know to export the template, remove unused assets, optimizing, etc. but do most sites convert easily enough to html5? ... just wanted to get as much info as I could before getting started.
    Thanks in advance.
    Looks like you already have all the info needed, there's really nothing you can do to a site in advance, so get started and see what happens as you go. Sites further back may have a harder time converting. When I installed new versions of NOF, I didn't delete the old, preferring to 'upgrade' sites on an as needed basis. I did discover that a site that was (ex. version 7) would not convert up to 12 very well, but if I converted to something like v10, then 12, it worked okay.