Thread: E-commerce catalog is blank after latest update in NOF12

Default E-commerce catalog is blank after latest update in NOF12

Having applied latest update in NOF12 (showing as 12.00.0000.5220), existing e-commerce catalogs show as blank if opened & then closed. I have tried re-optimising, saving a template, installing NOF12 on a laptop that did not have NOF12 before (but had NOF11). Both desktop & laptop are Win7, 64-bit.

Existing catalogs are OK if not opened, but as soon as opened + closed, they become blank, as do new catalogs just added. The catalogs are there but blank when closed. What is happening here and what should I do?

There appears to be an issue with some installed files.

If you rename index.html to index_en.html in the following folders, and reopen the catalog, you should see your data after closing:
    Code:
    %Program Files%\NetObjects\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\NetObjects System\FSI\Ecomm\templates\listpage\Layout0\content
    %Program Files%\NetObjects\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\NetObjects System\FSI\Ecomm\templates\listpage\Layout1\content
    %Program Files%\NetObjects\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\NetObjects System\FSI\Ecomm\templates\listpage\Layout2\content
    %Program Files%\NetObjects\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\NetObjects System\FSI\Ecomm\templates\listpage\Layout3\content

Ok, thanks Steve. That solved the problem and I now have my catalogs back.
    I presume that was a bug in the installed files in the latest update?
    Regards,
    Mike

Sorry, Mike. Please undo my previous suggestion and rename the same four files back to their original names (i.e. index.html).

Then, you will need to edit line 71 of the following script:
    Code:
    %Program Files%\NetObjects\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\\NetObjects System\FSI\Ecomm\lib\templates\Importer.js

change:
    if (currentLocale == "en")

to:
    if (currentLocale.getLanguage() == "en")

OK Steve,

Just done that and that also appears to work. Opening & closing a catalog results in the catalog being displayed.

Regards

Mike

Hi Steve
    I am having same error in NOF13 but cannot find the same code line in that programme.
    The page does not go blank but the Buy and Add to Cart buttons disappear.
    This is also detailed in NOF13 forum but no replies received as yet.
    Last edited by PeterS; 12-05-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    Peter

Hi Peter
    You probably need to start a new thread to get a response.
    But in NOF 10, 11 & 12; just navigating to the buttons in the List Page and the Detail Page tabs of the Catalog Properties Editor usually does the trick. That should usually be Program Files > NetObjects > NetObjects Fusion 12.0 > NetObjects System > FSI > Resources > Images [for 12.0 of course, 13 should be similar].