Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carousel Upgrade Please

Well, warrenr, I agree with both, you, and gotfusion... NOF could use some help in some areas, and even more in others... But, when it's just not gonna happen - you gotta punt. gotfusion is just helping us to see a way to do an end runaround to get the problem fixed ourselves, because the answer might not come from NOF very soon. - Thanks to both of you...

Also it's CSS and not JQuery which means it will run in browsers where javascript is disabled.

I really wish to see sales stats from web sites without carousels compared to sales stats from similar web sites with carousels to discern how worthy the carousels are.
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

At the end of the day, the sales success of a site depends on a) the product or service b) the value equation (usefulness / cost * desirability [cool factor]) or "is it worth the investment being made?" c) the content/copy/illustration d) how easy it is to find the information needed to make a decision 3) how easy it is to complete the transaction. The rest is just eye-candy.

In essence, it's no different from the days we were designing sites for the Lynx or Grail browsers. The quality of the content is still what propels sales. Since my product is my photography and digital art, I make my own site highly graphic to show off my product. Sites I design for others vary.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    At the end of the day, the sales success of a site depends on a) the product or service b) the value equation (usefulness / cost * desirability [cool factor]) or "is it worth the investment being made?" c) the content/copy/illustration d) how easy it is to find the information needed to make a decision 3) how easy it is to complete the transaction. The rest is just eye-candy.

In essence, it's no different from the days we were designing sites for the Lynx or Grail browsers. The quality of the content is still what propels sales. Since my product is my photography and digital art, I make my own site highly graphic to show off my product. Sites I design for others vary.
    Hello Franko,
    You definitely are a cyber-artist.
    I do not think I shall ever be able to put such artistry in my web sites or carousels of any kind like you do ...

Do you remember how much I cried on this forum about my sliding buttons about 8 months ago? That was my only ornament which I included in my web sites because it saved the visitors' time.

Now with NOF v2013 I gave up completely to sliding buttons ... Yes, I can give up when necessary ...

Franko, keep doing well.
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.