Thread: Unable to save Template.zip but errors never seen before

Default Unable to save Template.zip but errors never seen before

RESOLVED:
    Finally determined the fixes needed although I'm at a loss to explain the why/what happened!
    NOF12 was looking for things in odd places, including on another drive! A complete removal, cleanup/out of the directory structure and Registry, mostly out of desparation, and a reinstall of NOF 12 finally made everything obvious. In some cases it was even looking on a different DRIVE for its files when all I had on another drive was Local Publish for the site! The FSITemp directory is still a mystery but I'll dig back into that after I get this site moved to 2013!

Thanks to the responses here I was more confident of looking in the right places also made the job easier; thanks for those.
    In all the years I've used NOF I never ran into a fiasco like this one before. I have recovered several NOF sites from their servers before, along with the easier ones (non-NOF, HTML-PHP sites for the most part), and never had any issues like this one! I likely am the sole cause of whatever corruption/trashing of things, but ... of course won't freely admit that! ;-)

Best Regards,

Twayne`

Hi all,
    Longtime Fusion user here; fairly proficient with file structure and features of the application.

Cause of problem:
    Catastrophic loss of data, including latest .zip templates. Lost external backup drive AND drive C, boot drive.
    Reinstalled Fusion 12; all seemed fine. Have removed & reinstalled one time without change of symptoms.
    Recovered from disc most recent .nod file & copied it to user sites/site-name.

Site structure:
    Public_html
    Assets
    Images
    autogen
    html
    Dir to hold online forms used

Have same structure on disc of course.
    I see from Previewing the post that spaces are lost, so no idea whether that helps anything or not.

Problem:
    I cannot create a Template zip file. When I do, I get a long list of missing assets and files.

Solution attempted:
    Used FileZilla for ftp operations.

Downloaded Assets from online website to Assets. That took care of a large portion of the missing files but left another huge list of .pdf files missing.
    Downloaded the pdf files to the site-name directory (they were directly under public_html on the site and I do recall them all being in that folder all along so nothing new there.
    On the computer, in Design mode, they all seemed right. Did a local Publish and it seemed to mostly operate.

Then:
    Tried to create a Template. Failed; the long list of PDF files claimed to not be found. Checked & rechecked, redownloaded them again. Same results; no joy.

THEN I noticed, this list of files was NOT missing from where I expected them to be, but from the folder

c:/users/username/AppData/Local/Temp/FSITTemp/Template/Assers/file.pdf !

I drilled down to that folder and found it but it was empty. So I copied all the missing files to it, in the hopes it would help, although I've never been aware of that particular path in NOF.
    And, no joy! NOF still could not find any of those files (even though in
    Design Mode/Preview mode they all displayed OK onscreen). Javascript, PHP, etc. all worked OK too, but the Export Template constantly comes up with the same list of missing files on that path, even though they do exist there.

Irrelevant, but I do run a local server and PHP 5.5.x.
    Trying to Verify Assets fails: due to the many missing files.
    Link verification sort of worked.
    Reoptimize worked OK but no help of any kind.

Oh! And as long as I don't mess with the PDF files, I c an also remote Publish a page and have it work OK, for whatever that's worth.

I am REALLY confused and I am open to any and all input whether it be direct knowledge or links or ... whatever. I have recovered sites from the internet before but never run into any problems even remotely similar to this one!

I can take criticism, so don't be afraid to point our any errors you see I made.
    I'll respond to all requests for further information promptly. My original intent was to simply move the site to NOF 2013! What a false start! lol
    Last edited by twayne; 12-14-2013 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Resolved
    Dell Intel i7 laptop, Win 7 Home Premium, 6 Gig RAM, 1.6 Terabytes of drive space, fully updated, Netobjects Fusion 12 & 2013, major apps: Corel PSP X6 & VS X6

The first place to start would be in asset view and relinking all of the assets from there. It is tedious but usually successful

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/t...mID=357#relink
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

And if the main problems are the PDFs, I would recommend to take them out of the project anyway, put them into a seperate folder on your server and link to them with external links.
    Keeps the project slim(mer).
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    The first place to start would be in asset view and relinking all of the assets from there. It is tedious but usually successful

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/t...mID=357#relink
    AHA! Assets View tells me where it's looking for the missing files and it's no longer that long FSITemp path, but one that makes sense! So it might be as simple as copying the right files to that path!
    My time is short and I must run but I'll let you know how it comes out! NOF is looking for all the files in ... /Assets/ now! NO idea when/why that changed but ... I'll take it!
    Dell Intel i7 laptop, Win 7 Home Premium, 6 Gig RAM, 1.6 Terabytes of drive space, fully updated, Netobjects Fusion 12 & 2013, major apps: Corel PSP X6 & VS X6

That's good advice and likely what I'll do but my first effort is to get a good Template exported so I can move it to 2013.

Thanks for the opinion,

Twayne`