Thread: Navigation Bar Management of Style

Default Navigation Bar Management of Style

I want my nav bar to look like this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NavBarWithWords.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	1650

It looks like this [IMG]www.wilhitelandscape.com[/IMG]

I also want my menus to be drop downs for the "Services"

Any help is appreciated.

You can draw a layout region and set the background color to brown, then place the menu inside the layout region.

You can control the spacing between the menu items

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	button_spacing-13.gif 
Views:	325 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	1651

You can set one of the buttons to use flyouts.

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4074
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Tk U for your feedback. I can create the above using layout region. But how would I do a dropdown? I cannot get the dropdowns to work with a local publish, they should work, right?
    When I create my own menu the links are underlined which my client does not want. When making the links look right by setting it affects links every where else in the site. (Changing in Assets)
    No one has been able to explain about underlining of links. Is that a default of NOF that I have to live with?
    Why can't NOF provide a SIMPLE navigation bar that we can set anyway we want, color, size, text, etc.? I HATE most of the nav bars because they don't allow any flexibility.
    I am not an advanced user and quite truthfully, these work arounds are sometimes too much for me. I like that you can do work arounds when you have to but with NOF it seems it's all a work around at times.
    Is NOF going to make newer versions easier for the users with these kinds of features. WordPress sure is easy compared to. Everyone is great to provide feedback but it's another software requiring current HTML knowledge or other and I want the app to do all that in the background for me. Is this just not going to happen in NOF?

There are a few ways to achieve what you want and a diligent search of the forums will unearth most of them, I think. You might try...

1. Create the nav bar as buttons in photoshop (or other image program). Then place them as individual buttons using image rollver component. This won't give you a drop down submenu, though, but it does let your nav buttons appear as you want them to and with each at the appropriate length for the text.

2. Use a 3rd party html/css program. I occasionally use AllWebMenus or HTMLMenus. There are others.

3. Place a layout region as in earlier post. create buttons in PS and export them with a transparent background as .gif files. These will allow you to have your nav bar appear as you wish and you can still have drop-down submenus.

4. To remove underlines from text links you need to create a pseudo class. I posted quite extensively on this before Christmas so if you search my posts you should find how to do that there. Or someone else may chip in.

Sorry that doesn't seem to be a lot of help but it's been Christmas and as a pastor I've been flat out and am at the moment, frankly, pretty exhausted. If somebody else doesn't supply another answer or if you can't find how to do it in the forums, I'll post full instructions later.

Ok, here's how to create a new pseudo class for links. You can create as many as you want for a site.

In each link at the bottom, enter html inside class="A2"

then create 4 site wide styles with your unique formatting

A2
    A2:active
    A2:hover
    A2:visited

Thanks to Anton Strauss for this solution.
    Last edited by franko; 12-31-2013 at 05:14 AM.