Thread: Changes don't appear when uploading to my subdirectory. Help...

Default Changes don't appear when uploading to my subdirectory. Help...

Hello All,

I am using NOF12 and CoreFTP Light to upload my webpages. CoreFTP Light has always worked for all my uploads. I made some changes to my website, did "Publish Website", and it opened a new page in my browser showing my changes. All is good.

My file structure online is as follows: dirmarketing.com under HTML, I made a subdirectory named "dignityvillage", and it has been working fine. Before I published my changed website, I deleted "Local Publish" and "Preview". When I uploaded to "dignityvillage" I opened my browser and typed: www.dirmarketing.com/dignityvillage" all is see is the website before I made the changes. I also did a page refresh just in case my cache was not empty.

Anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong? Is there some place else where I need to delete a file or something? As always, I appreciate any feedback you can render.

Try moving your web site into a new folder on your server (just so you don't lose it). Then delete the site on the server and upload your site from a clean Local Publish. If this doesn't resolve the issue then your web host is caching sites and you'll need to contact them to find out how to flush the cache.

Thanks. I'm kinda screwed right now. I was deleting local publish and such and accidently deleted "dignityvillage" which I had no idea it was my entire website I deleted. Any way to undelete? Help...

Quote Originally Posted by DmgGuy View Post
    Thanks. I'm kinda screwed right now. I was deleting local publish and such and accidently deleted "dignityvillage" which I had no idea it was my entire website I deleted. Any way to undelete? Help...
    When you delete a file it goes into the "recycle bin". Look in there to find it. Right click and select restore to get everything back where it was.

If you have emptied your recycle bin there are software products out there that will restore the VTOC. Just don't use your computer until you get the files back to avoid having parts of that disk area overwritten and things permanently removed.

When a file is deleted only the reference to its location is deleted. The file contents remain and the space is reused by newer files.

Google for open source file recovery software
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Have you exported a template of the site, preferably to another location (I export my templates to a different physical drive). If you get your web site back you should export a template at the end of every editing session.
    If you can't get your files back from the recycle bin, look to see if you have the latest backup. You should be able to restore much of the site from that.

It makes sense to look into the error log. If there is a connection to the server, the error description is intelligible. If not connected, then something is wrong with the connection or client settings. For many may require inclusion of the passive mode if your ISP limits the freedom of action.