Thread: NOF 2013 Secure Site Components Not Responsive

Default NOF 2013 Secure Site Components Not Responsive

Hello All.

I am a novice, with what I think may have a simple, albeit elusive answer. I have set up a site with secured components per NOF tutorials. I have the Admin, Login, Signup, and Logout on the site. I am publishing my site to a remote host. I have set up the database successfully and ensured it shows up on my remote host with correct permissions (777). I have validated that my host runs PHP and that the pages running PHP have permissions (755) to do so.

Here is the problem: when navigate to my site in either IE (ver 11.0.9600) or FireFox (ver 26) on my Win7 PC or by Chrome thru my Android device, the pages with secure components display just fine, and they allow me to enter information, but they don't do anything. That is, if I enter the admin username and password and attempt to go to the admin page it acts as if I am not logged in. If I enter a new signup account, the database does not get updated (it is always "empty" - I can check it from my host's file manager). If I skip a field that is "required" in signup I get no error message. It's like the java script that displays the component is working, but the script that executes beyond the display is not working(?)

What am I doing wrong? What can I do to debug this? (btw, turning "Publish in debug mode" option does nothing... no change with on or off.)

Thanks in advance!
    John

Default Secure components problem resolution

Well, after wasting far too much time trying to hack down this problem that nobody else has seemed to encounter, I just rebuilt the site from scratch and now the secure components work just fine. Odd. No apparent reason for the initial failure, but it was tied to something built within the site.

Cheers,
    jtw

Interesting. Was the site you were having problems with a new site or one brought in from an earlier version?

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Interesting. Was the site you were having problems with a new site or one brought in from an earlier version?
    It was a new site... written by a "newbie" who was still learning. I suspect, now have a few sites under my belt, that the issue was somehow related to not having enough secure site components in place before trying to use them. It seems that if you attempt to use LogIn without having the Admin component in place then odd things happen. Even if you add the Admin component in afterwards, the odd things keep happening. The only apparent way out is to re-build from scratch.

Cheers!

Thanks for posting the solution. Although I don't use NoF components much (i generally find 3rd party solutions more sophisticated, stable and, well, better) it's good when people post solutions as they may help others.