Thread: Nesting Photo Galleries

Default Nesting Photo Galleries

Does anyone know if it is possible to nest photo galleries? That is, I want the thumbnail in a photo gallery to be a link to another photo gallery.

For example, I created a gallery of all the trips that I've taken, then when a user clicks on one of the destinations shown, it will take them to another gallery where they can choose which photos to look at from that destination.

Thanks,
    jtw

You can create a "selection" of thumbnail images on a page that "link" to another page that contains a complete gallery.

The first page would be standard "linked images". The second page is where you would need to build the gallery that contain that group of images.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks for the insight! Your solution aligns with the one I've started to implement, I was just wondering if I was missing some kind of shortcut in linking photo gallery thumbnails to objects other than their respective photos.

Without having looked at the code that generates the photo gallery, I'm assuming that it is dynamically deriving the thumbnail image from the image one wants to offer for display (kind of obvious I suppose). That makes me wonder if one could hack the photo gallery code slightly so that the thumbnail link is redirected to another photo gallery and the thumbnail itself is derived from the first image found in a subsequently linked gallery. Once I get the rest of my site in order I might poke at this a bit... it seems like a straight forward change that could save ooodles of time.

Cheers,
    jtw