Thread: position:fixed problem on fly out NAV bar.

Default position:fixed problem on fly out NAV bar.

I am using NOF 1 and 1 edition. I think that this is the most appropriate forum for queries.

I have built a website with a horizontal nav bar, some of the buttons lead to flyout sub-menus which appear vertically imediately below the button.
    I would like to keep the nav bar stationary when the window is scrolled. I have tried position:fixed for the nav bar, and initially it appears to work. The bar stays still when I scroll. But the sub-menus do not stay still. When I hover the mouse on a main nav bar button, the fly out appears in its normal position relative to the window content rather than rather than in a fixed physical position. Can I place Position:fixed somewhere else to get round this problem?

Fusion does not support a fixed navigation bar outside of using frames to make the top stationary.

You will need to use a 3rd party nav software to get this feature

http://www.likno.com/allwebmenusinfo.html
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks Mike.

Yes, I've seen your and other posts about this before, and I am looking at AWM. It is unfortunate that it it seems necessary to purchase addon software for what seems like a very simple thing to do. (Abit like using a sledge hammer to crack a nut).

It was easy to place "position:fixed" in the main nav bar and get it to stay in one place, but why is it impossible to find where to to this for the flyout sub nav bars?

John