Thread: Carousel Issues

Unhappy Carousel Issues

I have created a carousel successfully,and can do this every time as long as I put it on a new page, works fine.

If I create a carousel, publish, delete the carousel, create another on the same page it does not work, just displays a single image.

I can recreate this behavior on any PC, so it looks like a bug in Netobjects 2013 #update3, or at least that's what I'm running.

Does anyone else have this problem or hopefully a fix or workaround ?

A workaround would be to not delete the carousel but simply to change the images. This works ok for me. If you want it in a different place just drag and drop it where you want it. If you want to change the size you should be able to do that by resizing the images before you load them into the carousel.

Hi franko,

I can understand this and very much aware this can be done, but if I have a page full of content, I would need to delete the whole page, recreate it and then add the carousel back in which is not really practical. I'm guessing from the tone of your reply that this may be a recognised issue with Netobjects.

I am in the place where I have deleted the carousel so would have no option to delete the whole page before recreating the carousel, got to be a better solution somewhere ?

I know netobjects has some shortcomings which most can be worked through, as a seasoned user for some ten years plus, but this seems something that is beyond a workaround of deleting the page and recreating it.

Hopefully this will be identified and fixed in #update4 ?

ok - Success !!!!

To get this to work, I changed within the Carousel Properties the 'Scroll by' value from 1 to 2, Published - It works, I then changed the 'Scroll by' value back from 2 to 1, incredibly it worked - looks like a successful workaround.

Just re-tested this from first principles and it works, a simple solution.

Good workaround. I don't know if it's a known issues as I tend to use 3rd party components such as sliders, galleries and so on. But it just seemed to me that rather than deleting and replacing the slider simply changing the pictures and/or properties should work. Obviously you've hit a slightly different solution which should help anyone having the same issue in the future.