Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COMPLAINT: Waiting since NOVEMBER for a download

Default COMPLAINT: Waiting since NOVEMBER for a download

Please forgive me if this is not the place for this, but I'm at my wits end! Last year I upgraded my NOF and downloaded it to my desktop machine. I subsequently learned that I could also use it on my laptop provided I only used one at one time. Fair enough. I then found that when I tried to download it to the laptop I got a message like 'You have no downloads available' I queried this with NOF and over a period of MONTHS, sometimes with delays of WEEKS at a time, I was sent successive invoice confirmation details with downloads link, none of which worked. In the end someone at NOF persuaded me to give my 'credentials' which included my password, so they could test for themselves. I did so reluctantly and was weeks later informed that my downloaded page had been out of date and a new one was being sent. Worked with that and got precisely the same message. This has been going on now since November. Also, I enquired about the procedure for purchasing a disc for backup. No reply since November. I love the product but I am very frustrated at the problem. Does anyone from NOF read these posts or has someone any ideas?

You didn't keep a backup of your original download and serial number???

I keep copies of current and backward versions of NoF on my ftp site. You will, of course, need your serial number. And I'd advise this time keep a backup on your computer or burn it to disk.

Thanks for the reply Franko. I have successfully installed NOF on my desktop. Could I just make a copy on DVD and load it into the laptop? If so, exactly what files would I need to save?

BTW, did you mean original original (ie the old NOF from years ago (in which case the answer is no) or the upgrade?)

where is the installer file that you downloaded in order to install on desktop

is it in your downloads folder? If so, copy it to USB stick and then install on laptop

Just that one file?

The installer is the upgrade .exe file and it's all you need. It will ask you for your serial number when you install on your laptop. You don't need to install the old version first (at least, you shouldn't).

Sorry Franko. To which directory on the laptop? And is its name actually upgrade.exe? I'm a bit thick today!

the file you need to find is NetObjects-Fusion-2013-Upgrade-EN.exe

Thank you very much for your help chaps! This morning I received an email from NOF with the correct info at last and have successfully downloaded the system to my laptop, although I do notice that it is *much* slower to activate once I click on the icon, than is my desktop.

When I purchase software the first thing I do is burn it off to a CD/DVD and write the serial#/key on the CD along with the name and version of the product.

I THEN.... Install the software from the CD/DVD so that I know I will be able to re-install it from that backup disk in the future should the need arise.

this system has worked for me for decades and I have never lost a piece of software (since my doggie bit my newly arrived 8" disks of C/CPM way back in time).
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz