Thread: NOF 11 sites, imported or opened by NOF 12 are distorted

Default NOF 11 sites, imported or opened by NOF 12 are distorted

I was told that NOF 12 would work with NOF 11 sites if they were opened or imported or setup as templates. So far that's not the case.

What's the deal here?

I have older NOF 8!!! sites that imported and opened well in NOF11.

How is it that NOF 11 is not working with NOF 12?
    Last edited by filcro; 06-01-2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: spellin

Did you export from 11 and inport into 12?

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=2
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Default Thanks for the tips. - Not everything is converting the right way

Some banners are not clear as they have black backgrounds now. Fonts have changed. Paragraphs and spacing have changed. I went from a 32 bit to 64 bit machine....

I have duplicate files all over the place. What a nightmare this has turned into....

Backups in one place nod files in another, assets in another. Lord help me!!!!!

NOF v.12 is not playing nicely with transparent PNGs. Perhaps this is the issue you are having? Previous versions did not display PNGs properly in "Preview", but published OK, but apparently v.12 does not even do that.

The temporary fix is to use a solid background in the image (ie. no transparency).

Supposed to be fixed with Update 1.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

RayC,

Thank you. The issue IS with my banners. I'm using my Style "RoundAbout" , I bought the disk from NetObjects so I thought it would work.

My page is white but the banner has a black background. I've tried to change that but can't.

Is there a fix for this? The styles that came with 12 are limited and I'd like to use the styles I bought from NetObjects.

Thank you.

First, make a duplicate copy of the Site Style, so you still have the original.

Then locate the banner image, open it with a graphic editing program, and set the background to white (or whatever the exact BG colour is on your site). Re-save the banner image with the solid background.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Or conert the PNGs to Gifs which do display transparency in v12

I have so many, there are over 30 sites I manage.

I editied one and the results are not pretty. Now the style is even corrupted on the new machine.

All this extra work for a guy who does not have 5 minutes to himself....... Aghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by filcro View Post
    I have so many, there are over 30 sites I manage.

I editied one and the results are not pretty. Now the style is even corrupted on the new machine.

All this extra work for a guy who does not have 5 minutes to himself....... Aghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have the same issue........ Total Nightmare... You are not alone !!!
    My PC died and had to do everything from Back ups on a New PC.

Ive been using fusion since version 5. I bought version 12 just prior to the 13 release Typical and annoying! However I have 12 on my new PC and it's been a nightmare ever since.
    I'm managing about 50 sites. Most now converted to Word Press after realizing the issues from 11 to 12 and never looked back since then. Still have about 9 sites to go!
    Then I'm completely NOF Free. What I have done successfully though is Open the existing NOF website live on line and found it is less stressful and quicker to just copy paste content into 12 and just re do from scratch. Takes a couple of days but hey it's, less stressful with no errors. When I tried to export as template........ What a horrible mess, NOF will not export as template etc etc messages and export failed for one or another of many reason. I'm telling you It really is less stressful to just copy paste content and re dot it all in NOF12. in fact if you are sticking with NOF, Buy the current version and then re do your sites. Word Press is a small leaning curve, but so much more productive and a dream come true to use. A lot of work to convert gradually, but well worth it long term. No errors, No dramas, No Stress Ever!!! Nothing fails, Thousands of MODERN High quality FREE Templates. FREE Plug ins for everything imaginable. check it out.

Sigh. Since you're replying to a thread that's over 2 1/2 years old, you must really have searched the forums intensively to find a thread that would allow you to slag off NoF. If you don't like a program, uninstall it. I try literally hundreds of programs; very few do I keep. The others are uninstalled but I don't go on their forums to vent my hatred. If YOU like wordpress, fine. I don't particularly as my clients have always paid me to CUSTOM DESIGN sites rather than simply amend a template, something they can usually easily do for themselves. But I don't go on the wordpress forums and vent about how blooming awful wordpress is. I simply use it for a few sites, develop themes for it for money (note - develop themes, not just amend somebody else's) and only post on their forums if I have a problem or I can help somebody else with theirs.

So please, you've told us all how wonderful you think wordpress is and how crap NoF is. We've all taken note. Not that any of us care one iota.