Thread: I cant transfer NOF 11 site to server, im stuck...

Default I cant transfer NOF 11 site to server, im stuck...

Im running NOF 11 on windows 8.1 just upgraded the last time I upgraded it was fine a few months ago, is it a windows 8.1 issue?

I have NOF on my PC and laptop, so its not a computer issue... I have used my broadband connection and my in laws BB connection as well with the same problems so its not a BB issue

I have several websites and tried a brand new one as well going to two differ servers a paid one and my BB free webspace and the same issue appears...

this is the ISSUE, NOF 11 appears to work well changing updates etc, It locally publishes no problems
    I then FTP publish and it generates the page no problem and then starts to open the FTP, as its transferring files it hangs/sticks on various low percentages (%)

then a pop up box at the end
    "Error sending the file C:\Users\william\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 11.0\User Sites\bollox\Preview\index.html to the server
    Could not create the directory 'html/' on the server
    Could not create the directory 'assets/images/' on the server
    Could not create the directory 'assets/images/autogen/' on the server
    Could not create the directory 'assets/' on the server"

this is my site http://www.simplesites.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.html

its driving me nuts as ive used NOF 11 for ages now with no problems... is it a windows 8.1 issue or something else ive done?

Can you do a Local Publish and then manually upload using an ftp program? If you can it is probably something to do with windows 8.1 (can't help you there as I don't upgrade windows until there is absolutely no choice. I'd still be running NT4 if it supported my hardware). If you can't then it is probably something to do with server permissions or ftp settings. Try it and let us know the result.

thanks franko, ive bought NOF 2013 and have the same problem with a new website, ive not impoted anything into 2013 yet so it must be a windows 8.1 server issue with NOF, ill go to the 2013 forum to find out what... thanks

Typically when you see permission errors like that you are trying to create folders outside of the hosting area (i.e. you have the wrong info in your publish profile)

The easiest way to trouble shoot is to install a 3rd part FTP program and connect.

Depending on what type of hosting you are on (Windows or Linux) the root folder will be called something different. You can ask your host what the name of the root folder is called for your hosting account and make sure you are using that in the directory input area of your remote profile settings so that you get to the proper location to place your files

Short answer follows: It is a hosting issue.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

hi franko, thanks fore replying again, the thing is ive tried to ftp to 2 different hosting companys with different settings and I get the same issue, did NOF change something on the last few months that I missed that I need to change in the settings?

Are you using a dedicated ftp program as both I and Mike have said?

it was my anti Virus AVG that was blocking it, works perfect when I switch it off
    AVG recently did an update, whats the fix, change virus protection?

can you open a port or something in AVG?

Quote Originally Posted by superhoops1888 View Post
    it was my anti Virus AVG that was blocking it, works perfect when I switch it off
    AVG recently did an update, whats the fix, change virus protection?

can you open a port or something in AVG?

No, you have to specifically allow a piece of software access

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz