Thread: Has anyone installed the update 4? He's stable?

Question Has anyone installed the update 4? He's stable?

Has anyone installed the update 4 (NOF 2013)?

He's stable?

In a word, no.

A number of issues have been identified with it. I personally have reverted to AU2 for my production sites. I run AU4 on a laptop for testing purposes but not ready to trust it with a production site update yet.
    Last edited by franko; 02-18-2014 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NatSam View Post
    Has anyone installed the update 4 (NOF 2013)?

He's stable?
    I have installed it and experienced 2 problems thus far.
    1. Existing sites no longer center pages but new sites center pages ok.
    (I fixed this by cutting the content in the layout Region (Cut and Paste) then deleting the Layout Region, put in a new one and pasted the content back in.)
    2. Layout Regions that used to expand automatically (resize) to fit generated content no longer do
    This occurs on new sites aswell.
    Have not found a fix yet.

I am running Win8.1 Pro 64. I have installed Updates 1,2,3, & 4. Below is image of preview show everything stacked on top of each other. My question is if I only install updates 1 & 2 will it run on Win8.1?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOF Preview_update 1-4.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	1710

I've just installed it .....but it looks like it was a mistake ?!
    I only maintain 2 sites ....

Straight away I noticed the "ticker tapes" have failed on the frontpage !
    Fixed it by publishing the site in HTML 4.01 instead , God knows what else it's eff'd !!

If you publish using html 4.01 with tables then your site will publish as it did before the update (AFAIK - it has for me). It is the html 5 output that is presenting problems. Remember - you don't only have to have one output method. You can have html 5 for the site as a whole but for pages which are not working properly you can set the output for that page to html 4.01 (with or without tables). You can also set individual layout regions to different output methods.

I actually had to use 'html 4.01' .. when I tried 'with tables' I got the same Layout Regions issue as before. But when I changed it to just '4.01. it worked on all pages but 1 ... I see in SITE SETTINGS where to change the setting, and its set on 'html 4.01' but is there a way to tell a specific page that too because one of my pages the layout issue is still happening (http://www.nickiminajtour.com/eminem...rchandise.html) ... Any Ideas???
    Also, why is this string '#.UxIysPldV8E' being appended to all urls of pages I go to within my site??? What is that?? How can I stop it from doing that??

You can set a different output method for individual pages or even individual layout regions. I had one page in a v12 site that used xhtml sit output, html 4.01 with tables for the page and 4.01 for a particular layout region on that page. Kludgy, but it worked. I was trying to get a variety of 3rd party applications to work together on the page.