Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cant publish new site in NPF 2013...

Default cant publish new site in NPF 2013...

I'm a user of NOF for a few years now, I had a problem with NOF11 a few weeks ago, see post below
    http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...erver-im-stuck

so I bought NOF2013, i'm using it with windows 8.1, and i'm getting the same problem as before with NOF11

its a new install of NOF2013, only one brand new site on it, basic wizard site, I then FTP publish and it generates the page no problem and then starts to open the FTP, as its transferring files it hangs/sticks on low percentage (2%), it eventually finishes saying it couldn't transfer

I've done it to my free space from my broadband account and to my bought webspace with the same issues, the details to my servers are the ones I've used well for years

it seems its a FTP issue with win8.1 and compatibility of NOF, anybody any ideas and can help me?

this is what my site looks like http://www.simplesites.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

It is a hosting issue.

You havee the wrong info intered into your Fusion remote publish profile

Ask your web host where you need to upload (the name of the folder that contains your content) and use that info in your remote profile
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    It is a hosting issue.

You havee the wrong info intered into your Fusion remote publish profile

Ask your web host where you need to upload (the name of the folder that contains your content) and use that info in your remote profile
    if only that was the case, ive tried my old sites and new sites
    ive tried uploading them to my free webspace and also to paid for webspace with different settings
    in the ftp section I test the connection and it is successful...

also my settings in ftp haven't changed in any way, it stalls at 2% for some reason

any other suggestions?

You can try what I always do and it is always successful

1. do a full Local Publish
    2. upload the contents of the Local Publish folder to your public_html folder by using Filezilla Client (free)

hi antonsvideo, thanks for that, can you explain how I do this a little more with filezilla as im a novice with using ftp clients, its easy when nof does it all for you...

can you explain the start of point 2, how do you upload the contents, how is this done?
    thanks

FileZilla is a stand alone piece of software that connects to remote servers and allows you to transfer files back and forth between the remote site and your home computer.

I am going to assume that you are on a Linux host not a Windows host so this is my tutorial on how to download, set up, and connect to a remote Linux server using FileZilla. The connection details are specific to hosting with me so you will need to contact your current host to get the proper log on credentials for your hosting account but outside of the log in details everything else is the same.

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4066

I am pretty sure you will have the same log in issues regardless of what FTP software you are using (Fusion or Filezilla) but at least your host should be able to help you get connected using FileZilla as it is pretty much the defacto universal FTP client today.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

SUCCESS, ive solved it

it was my anti Virus AVG that was blocking it, works perfect when I switch it off
    AVG recently did an update, whats the fix, change virus protection?

can you open a port or something in AVG?

am I the only one who has had an AVG issue with NOF, it did it with NOF11 and now with NOF2013

hope that helps people

does AVG allow you to exclude programs?

I use Nod32 Antivirus 7 and I have excluded Nof from being monitored

Quote Originally Posted by superhoops1888 View Post
    SUCCESS, ive solved it

it was my anti Virus AVG that was blocking it, works perfect when I switch it off

am I the only one who has had an AVG issue with NOF, it did it with NOF11 and now with NOF2013

hope that helps people
    Was it the Antivirus, or the firewall settings in AVG?

Quote Originally Posted by superhoops1888 View Post
    SUCCESS, ive solved it

hope that helps people