Thread: Layout issues AND strange string being added to page URLs

Question Layout issues AND strange string being added to page URLs

Been using Fusion for years, just updated to 2013. When I use a 'layout' area and I drop some widget code in there, if the widget is large (it changes depending on grabbed content) it is covering other things on the page; older versions of Fusion would know to PUSH everything down so whatever the widget ends up showing, it is not blocking anything. Since the length of the widget is always different, I can not set my layout box to a specific size. I used to be able just to make a little layout box/area, drop the HTML code into it and when published, the browser would know to show the widget the correct size. Here it does do that, but it does not push the other stuff on the page out of the way... WHy not? It used to in previous versions... In fact it must or else the program is useless. Look here (this is a test site) http://www.nickiminajtour.com/eminem...l#.UxItO4WwXRU
    You can see the 'Ebay widget' is overlaying everything, even the bottom navigation menu which should have been pushed all the way down automatically. Why is it not working??
    Also, notice the '#.UxItO4WwXRU' that is appended at the end of the URL, why is that happening?? How do I fix the layout issue and the url append issue??

Thanks for any help.

I see you've solved the issue by using html 4.01 output method, which was what I was going to suggest. In html 5 everything has to be contained within a container so simply using a layout region doesn't allow the page to expand. Try using a text box (which is a container) inside the layout region and placing your content in that and see if it makes a difference.

The URL issue I haven't seen before. However, notice the # anchor in the URL. I suspect this is being added by your host either because the page is being dynamically generated (ie the application is adding it) or because their server setup requires it to run virtual sites. You might want to contact their support about it.

Yes Franko, I did work out the html 4.01 With Tables issue. Thank you for the help on that. I ended up using 4.01 With Tables and it seems to work ok.
    However, the appended URL issue is stil happening and I now have it on its own server ... so I don't think its on the server end .. it could be a script of some sort that is part of something else in Fusion 13?? if you go to the new site www.eminemtour.com and go to any of the other pages (even click on the button for HOME and you get the url with 'index.html') it still adds/appends that hash string ... I have seen that sometimes when you add your link to a social bookmarking site, but they generate that code, not my site ... so I don't understand why the site is doing it all by itself.... ANY IDEAS???

Franko, I think I know what it is!!! It's the 'AddThis' widget on the top right corner... it ass that unique ID for tracking but I do not like it so I am going to shut it off... Yay!!!

Glad you sorted it and thanks for posting the solution. It may help others with the same problem.