Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What about a section for people to showcase thier websites?

so... now I am finished with the Lodge site.

http://www.wiesbadenlodge.com/

critiques are welcome

This my first attempt with NetObject Fusion 13. www.sportsmansbiblestudy.com

A few things, Edgar. The Hope Outdoors logo image link is broken on the index page. On he Outdoorsmans Chronicles and Sportsmans Seasons nav buttons the type is too long for the buttons. I'd make the buttons a bit thicker and break the type so that it forms two lines on the buttons. I always get these things right in Photoshop before adding them to the style. Some of the images are a little large. On of the Pursuing series, in particular, is 500px wide and took a long time to load. You might want to look at optimising them more.

Other than that, it's a good functional site. I'm against blood sports personally, but as Paul wrote, "I will be all things for the sake of the gospel" so I applaud your ministry. God bless.

in the process of unscrewing this one... http://www.hd-skycam.tv (off site first)

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Hey Franko,

If you dont mind me saying so, it seems you left a bunch of alt-tags on your graphic inserts (starfish, Ribbon thing, signature etc) and you might want to make your text squatters on the bottom the same color as the rectangle behind them.

Looks Great!

Thanks Fizz. I'll check out the alt tags. Seems the latest versions inserts them automatically whereas older versions left them blank unless you inserted them yourselves. Not sure what you mean about the text squatters. One thing I have noticed is that the colour I get in NoF is different from the colour from Photoshop, even though they have the same hex definition. Makes matching colours between graphics and pages difficult to say the least.

yeah, I've noticed minor variations between NoF and Corel too, but usually only when I use JPG format for my graphics, perfect blend though in PNG and GIF. The squatters I was referring to are/is the block of text at the bottom of each page against the grey background. I understand their purpose, but just looks kind of out of place..

Yeah but the client loves it because she's seen it on other web sites and thinks it's 'modern.' Also she thinks it's necessary for SEO. She pays promptly though and never questions the bill so I'm happy to let her have what she wants. I can advise (originally the footer was just the peachy colour) but at the end of the day the ultimate responsibility for decisions lies with the web site owner.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    at the end of the day the ultimate responsibility for decisions lies with the web site owner.
    roger that...