Thread: "Corrupt File" and "Out of Memory" errors

Default "Corrupt File" and "Out of Memory" errors

Hi All.. First Post.

Ok.. I'm not here to use my first post to Bash NOF 13, rather I am seeking solutions to a few errors I have been getting repeatedly.

Win7 Home Prem 64
    16Gb Ram
    3Tb HDD

I installed NOF 13 fresh from CD (not an upgrade from 12 or lower).

After hours of creation and fine tuning various pages of a website I am building, I save the site and retire for the day. Next day I go to open the site and I get the '...file is corrupt, NOF will attempt to recover the file...' error. Then it says that the recovery was successful.. then, for safety.. I go to save and exit and and I get an "Out of Memory" window which, when I click Ok, all of NOF shuts down. Please note, my site (currently) consists ONLY of images, text and a self made form. absolutely NO special items. Then after the Out of Memory crash, further attempts at opening the site... fail... and on the occasion that I can get one of the .bak's to work, my site opens as a perfect layout of empty boxes (where my images and text should be).

I did try a photo gallery on a completely unrelated site design.. but that blew up too.. but I have read in other posts that this seems to happen often, so I have decided not to use ANY of the advanced components for fear of loosing my current site completely.

I am seeking help if others have had these problems and found solutions for them.

Thanks

is the Nof program folder excluded from your anti virus software?

also, is the User Sites folder excluded?

which update is applied to Nof13? AU1, AU2, AU3 or AU4?

program folder excluded. Out of Memory error.
    User Sites in My Docs excluded
    where do I find which AU I am running. About only shows the version number 13.00.0000.5552

5552 = AU4 = auto update 4

is windows defender stopped and disabled?

can you open taskmanager and go to Processes Tab and see how much memory Fusion13.exe is using at time of out of memory error (set taskmanager to be always on top so it does not hide while clicking around in Nof)

Defender has always been off.
    here are my task manager shots. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nof4.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	1731Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nof3.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	1732

typically NOF stays around 35~65 Mb until I close certian sites. then it jumps up to ~188 Mb and I get the memory error. and then when I go to re-open, NOF has not completely closed as I get the 'site is already open' error. Then I have to kill the process in TM and open again.. and THEN I get a site full of 'X' boxes where my content should be. honestly I cannot distinguish what the elements of the sites are which cause the corruption and ultimately the memory error. all I can say is that it does it on some but not on others. I am not using ANY of the heavier features.. just text and placed pictures.

hmmm, it should not give that error with that minimal memory use

maybe it is a corrupt masterborder issue being reported as out of memory

I assume all images included in the site you have optimized or are you adding them at full res to Nof and letting Nof re-optimize?

I make all of my graphics pixel for pixel to size. Just a peve from me.. The only 'graphics' related NOF tool I use is when I drag something in, I use the the tool (which is also for resizing) but just for positioning so my borders don't extend out to the boonies.. but again, the images themselves are not altered.

hmmm, that out of memory error is puzzling

what is your graphics card model? I can see it is nvidia based and that you have the Nvidia User Experience driver installed (I assume you play games) if not, I would uninstall the Nvidia User experience, you may download and install the latest driver from nvidia.com and then choose custom during the installation, tick clean installation and untick the user experience driver and anything 3D related unless you do watch 3D movies

I also see you have Norton anti-virus (that always makes me suspicious)

Looked at your screen shots and compared with mine and they are quite similar without me having any problems. You mentioned 16 Gb of ram - WOW! I'm only using 6 and 1TB HDD.

Maybe this more describes your problem?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126962
    Last edited by Beach Ape; 03-17-2014 at 06:55 AM.

My PC is purpose built to accommodate the strains I put it through with 3D modeling and Video production. Low on the totem pole (as far as resource use) is NOF. that is why this Out of Memory issue is so troubling. Again, it does not happen on every site.. but apparently when one goes south.. it never comes back..

I researched your link, but that was for Windows NT.. However along that path I found a hot fix for W7... but unfortunately it did not fix the issue...