Thread: Single Page Crashes

Default Single Page Crashes

I have a page on my site which I cannot open. When I click on the page to open it, the whole program crashes.

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago and assumed it was something particular with that page. I found I couldn't open, edit, rename, or delete it. I have had to 'orphan it'.

I now have the same problem with the page as shown in the attachment.

I'm running Windows 7 and IE11. I have been into the settings for the program and Ihave checked the administrator box. I've also unchecked the touch pad setting in the Windows setting. A reboot afterwards has not cured the problem.

Help please
    Attached Files Attached Files

Before attempting to open the page, try deleting unused assets and then optimizing the site to see if that eliminates any of the nastiness. If that fails, delete the page altogether and recreate it's content.

Thanks for the advice LBA. Tried all your suggestions but still the same problem I'm finding the site crashes when I try to optimise it as well and still no access to the problem page. I really don't want to rebuild the page, and as this is the second time I've experienced this problem I really would like to get to the bottom of what is causing it.....Any other ideas please?

Hi bingleybantam,

There are a variety of reasons that could cause the page to crash. Since one page is having problems, it could be a Master Border (MB).

1. Try setting the page MB to Zero Margins from the Site view. See attached screenshot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-24_1245.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	1737

2. After setting the MB to Zero Margins, try to access the page.
    3. If you can access, we can create a copy of the MB and apply it (or use any other MB you may have in your website project).

Here are two links to Creating and Changing a MB.

If the steps above do not work, please PM me a link to download a template of your website.

Thanks,
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support