Thread: Import or Edit site without .nod file

Default Import or Edit site without .nod file

I'm using Fusion 11. I have a site up on the web I created using Fusion 8.
    I don't have the files on my computer anymore and I don't have a backup of them.
    Is there a way I can use all of the folders and rebuild it so I can make edits?
    So far, I tried all of the "normal" stuff, but it seems I have to have the .nod file, which doesn't appear on my actual site (that I've seen yet).
    Any help will be vastly appreciated.

Folders on my site:
    assets
    html
    logs
    Files in the root:
    index.html
    RotatingPicture.class
    spy.html

One, download the web site to your computer using something like HTTrack. Keep the same folder structure as your web site.

You then have two choices. One, use an html editor program to make the changes and then ftp them to your server. In this scenario, NoF doesn't come into it.
    Two. Rebuild the site from scratch in Fusion. Unless you only have a few edits and know html this is probably your best solution. Surprisingly, unless it's a very big web site this isn't a particularly onerous thing to do. You can usually build a site pretty quickly, especially as you already have most of the content and assets. I find that when I'm building a web site I spend much more time in Photoshop or TextPad creating the assets and content than in actually putting the site together in Fusion.

Thanks for your help.
    So, you're saying start a new site and re-create the structure?
    I assume I can import the html into pages?
    Thanks again.

It's best to recreate from scratch. NoF is a code generator so the only html you need to import is for apps outside of NoF - lightbox for example. Importing code from an external web site never works satisfactorily in NoF and it will be quicker and cleaner to just rebuild the site using the assets you have.