Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forms and File Uploads

Well, if that page is on Yahoo Hosting, the question is how did you set up the forms handler to work? and then where does your uploaded image go?

I like using Yahoo Hosting, but I seem to find allot of NOF users who cannot get certain things working with Yahoo. That's whats frustrating me.

ok... some small glimmers of hope.. Yesterday I setup an account with A2 hosting. I have successfully 'connected' NOF to A2 for publishing. that was the first plus. I created a simple 2 page form set and uploaded it. Next plus.

The sequence is: Email Page (success)> Upload Page (success)> Thanks page.
    the Email page with simple text, drop downs and check blocks blah blah. this shoots an e-mail to my account with that data. the success page for this is the Upload page. This works fine. I get the e-mail, and clicking Next button successfully loads the the Upload page.

the Upload page right now I just have a text field and 2 form file selectors and a submit button. Success page for this is a simple thanks page. this seeeeeeems to function. I put something in the text field, select 2 files and click Submit.. the status bar of Chrome shows the upload progress percentage. but then I get an error page. 3 errors to be exact 2x 701 and a 500 from the FormHandler.php. But I DO get an e-mail with my entered text and the names of the two files.

Additionally, I do not see the 2 files anywhere on the server. but then where did the uploads go? (It should be noted that on Yahoo hosting, I also got the progress percentage during upload but no e-mail, and also no files.)

I walked the steps that were posted in this thread about creating the CSV file etc.. the CSV file exists on the server. but it is still at 0 kb. (and opening it in Excel shows it as empty)

so I'm just stuck. I can't imagine that this is too difficult.

on the Upload page here is the exact text on my Form Edit Field Properties toolbar

Success Url /complete/complete.html
    CSV File Path /upload (the formshandler.csv file IS located there)
    File Upload Folder /upload

any help would be appreciated.

I think what's killing me the most is that I see the progress info at the bottom of my screen.. comparable to the size/time of what I am uploading.. the Upload IS taking place... but where (lots of bad words) is it going???? I search through the server via FileZilla, A2's control panel and NOF's structure display.. but nothing shows any change..

oh... and I tried setting the permissions for the upload folder from 755 to 777... no dice..

Well.... as it turns out...... this was all a matter of Syntax........

The guys at A2 pointed out to me that the error was generated from my FormsHandler.php at line 150. when I got home I pried that open to see what was there. While I may not be able to Write php, I can follow its logic and see what was being reported. The Upload Folder was the problem (701). This I knew.. sorta.. because I saw the upload take place BUT never saw the uploads on the server.. I tried different folders.. I tried setting permissions on the folders blah blah blah... over a week I have been working on this. till I saw something on Filezilla and another program where folder addresses when dealing with web stuff were NOT written /foldername but rather ../foldername

2 damn periods before the forward slash... that's it.. that was the problem.. and it works on A2 and Yahoo both.. just the e-mail thing is still messed up on yahoo.

SO.. now.. where do I find the check block or even the portion of script which I can make it NOT send the uploaded data along with the e-mail as an attachment? I think that is Awesome.. but my plans would possibly allow a visitor to upload something which exceeds my e-mail's attachment size limit.

The two dots mean that the "foldername" location is one level down in the directory structure. In other words, the directory that contains the page containing the script.

A single dot means the same directory. A slash by itself indicates the directory root.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

well, the slash alone didnt work. I didn't try the ./ but the ../ and the folder name got me exactly where I wanted to go. I'm sure there alot of scripters and designers out there who are saying 'well duuuuuhhh'.. but hey.. I didn't know.. and you don't know what you don't know.

Do you happen to know how I can get the e-mail which is sent, to Not include the uploaded files as an attachment? I am certain that the formshandler.php could be edited to omit this function.. But 'attachment' is referenced many times in the php..
    Last edited by fizz; 04-21-2014 at 06:43 PM.