Thread: New laptop, new problem NOF 2013

Default New laptop, new problem NOF 2013

I got a new laptop and am trying to install NOF2013. I get a pop-up that has the following:
    >SetupNew\setup.cpp (140)
    PAPP:
    PVENDOR:
    PGUID:
    $
    @Windows Vista Service Pack 0 (6000)
    IE Version: 9.11.9600.16521

This is on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I tried the right-click, troubleshoot, which informs me that it's not a valid program file. I've got the Java JDK 1.7.0 u54 installed, so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm not paying again to download another binary. That companies choose that particular revenue stream is ridiculous.

What's up that this program is such a bear to install? I had other problems getting it to run on my old laptop. Anyone have any ideas or should I just give up and warn people off of NetObjects?

So let me get this right.

You are getting an error message from your OS and somehow that's NetObjects fault. And as a result you want to diss NetObjects and yet at the same time you expect the NetObjects community to help you.

Wow, that's some serious stupid right there.

Do you have a clean install of Win7?

Do you have a legal version of Win7?

Have you disabled your AV?

Can you understand the above?

I reckon NetObjects should refund your money so you can buy something you can use, like maybe Basic Computing for Really Big Dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by rsaucier63 View Post
    I got a new laptop and am trying to install NOF2013. I get a pop-up that has the following:

Anyone have any ideas or should I just give up and warn people off of NetObjects?

You can google setup.cpp and find out a lot about your NON Fusion related issue.

Good luck
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by rsaucier63 View Post
    PAPP:
    PVENDOR:
    PGUID:
    $
    @Windows Vista Service Pack 0 (6000)
    IE Version: 9.11.9600.16521

This is on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I tried the right-click, troubleshoot, which informs me that it's not a valid program file. I've got the Java JDK 1.7.0 u54 installed, so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm not paying again to download another binary. That companies choose that particular revenue stream is ridiculous.

What's up that this program is such a bear to install? I had other problems getting it to run on my old laptop. Anyone have any ideas or should I just give up and warn people off of NetObjects?
    Hi rsaucier63,

I would suggest downloading the installer again. I've enabled your download and have resent your confirmation email (from asknet).

Thanks,
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

OK, I logged in and was told there was nothing to download.

Thanks to the most helpful and a$$hat NOF user community, I think I'll just walk away, chalk up my expended money to an idiot tax, and instead of going out into 'the world' proclaiming how great the user community and product is, I'll just do all I can to tear it down.

Marketing 101, if you can understand it: bad sentiment travels faster and farther than good. Congrats, community, you've just generated a bunch of bad sentiment.

As I originally thought - you really are a knob, not interested in a solution, just a little kiddie throwing toys out of cots.

Goodbye, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.