Thread: NOF 11 Form Doesn't Work and Neither Does Tech Support

Default NOF 11 Form Doesn't Work and Neither Does Tech Support

Greetings

NOF11 on Dell Laptop, Windows XP Pro. I have a VERY simple website. It is small, it is simple, it is uncomplicated, but forms do not work, and NOF tech support has been of no assistance whatsoever. I simply can't get the Form Handler to process and answer, not matter how I set up the publish instructions. You can visit the site at www.austincadworks.com and make note of my hostile remarks about NOF on the contact page.

Here's the bottom line...if I can resolve this, fine, but if not it's time to bail out. I have played NOF tech support's back-and-forth game long enough, and I am at the point of diminishing returns...meaning it is now perhaps more practical to farm out the job to an HTML dude who can use the graphics I already have, etc etc., build the site "by hand", and update it as I like, rather than spend any more of my amateur time trying to fix a problem I didn't make, evidently don't understand, and, equally evidently, neither does NOF tech support.

If anybody can lend a hand visit the site and shoot me an email. I can provide screen captures of NOF publish setup, server side structure etc...

Thanks.

Never had a problem with forms.

Use them all the time.

have done so from V7.5 to 13, all work just the way I designed them to work.

Guess it must be you after all.

Default I solicited help, not pointless commentary

I didn't have any problem with earlier versions, either...earlier than yours.

I stand by my comment when I opened this thread that NOF tech support was unable to assist in setting up the PHP to do what it's supposed to do.

There are no explicit instructions in the User's Guide, either.

If you are in a position to provide some useful help that would be appreciated.

If the best you can do is pen some mildly irritating comment about whose fault something is, I'll ask that you cruise on by this thread and save your non-help for somebody else.

Or put another way, if you can't be part of the solution, please don't be part of the problem.

Have you looked at the gotFusion tutorial on using the Forms Handler component?

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4024

Forms are processed server side which means they are done by your web host.

Blaming your HTML authoring tools for a failure of your host is like blaming your car for pot holes in the road.

A little more "friendly advice" for you. Placing an open email address on any web page http://www.austincadworks.com/contact.html is an open invitation to spambots.

I would suggest you abandon that email address as I am certain that it has already been added to all of the auto-spam lists by now.

create a new email address and use the mailmunger site to encode your NEW address to keep it from being harvested.

Of course there is another gotFusion tutorial that will explain how you can do all of this within NetObjects Fusion if you want to go over it along with the forms handler tutorial listed above

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4047

If you need one on one full "hand holding" support and training this is also available.

You will get help on this user to user forum but you need to explain what you need help with. Saying "this does not work" will not get you many answers outside of "it works for me"

Oh and the formhandler component works for me too in both asp and php code versions.

Which are you using ASP or PHP? Does your web host support the one you are using?

Have you asked your web host for the IP address of the mail server your account is on and are you using that IP address?

These are the two typical user errors when the FormsHandler component does not work correctly

Can you post the full version number of your install? This is found from Help > About NetObjects Fusion. The full version and revision NOT your install serial number.

If you want something uber simple you can take a look at another gotFusion tutorial that goes over how to use 123contact within Fusion.

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4075
    Last edited by gotFusion; 04-08-2014 at 01:41 PM.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajim View Post
    Greetings

NOF11 on Dell Laptop, Windows XP Pro. I have a VERY simple website. It is small, it is simple, it is uncomplicated, but forms do not work, and NOF tech support has been of no assistance whatsoever. I simply can't get the Form Handler to process and answer, not matter how I set up the publish instructions. You can visit the site at www.austincadworks.com and make note of my hostile remarks about NOF on the contact page.

Here's the bottom line...if I can resolve this, fine, but if not it's time to bail out. I have played NOF tech support's back-and-forth game long enough, and I am at the point of diminishing returns...meaning it is now perhaps more practical to farm out the job to an HTML dude who can use the graphics I already have, etc etc., build the site "by hand", and update it as I like, rather than spend any more of my amateur time trying to fix a problem I didn't make, evidently don't understand, and, equally evidently, neither does NOF tech support.

If anybody can lend a hand visit the site and shoot me an email. I can provide screen captures of NOF publish setup, server side structure etc...

Thanks.
    Jim,

I've replied to you via support.

Thanks,
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Kudos to Adam.

My faith in NOF Tech Support is re-invigorated.

As an aside, I really don't need or want sarcastic responses from anybody. In this instance the problem turned out to be almost trivial, involving a comma in place of a period. That is really almost trivial...but as this response to the thread, very very unlikely to have been found in any recommended tutorial etcetera as suggested by gotFusion. The problem is solved because my eyes missed the punctuation error, so did 3-4 pair of colleague's eyes, and yet another pair of eyes well versed in all things NOF. The problem turned out to be punctuation, not software....and were it not for my screen capture and Adam's sharp eyes, the problem could have gone on undetected as it already had.

All's well that ends well, so this thread gets put to bed. Thanks again, Adam.

It is always best to post an actual link to any issues you may have.

Ask for help with a "this does not work" will ALWAYS get you "it does for me" answers unless you say what "this" actually is and place a non working example of your "this"

Most times I will answer your kind of question with a simple

URL please?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz