Thread: Captcha Buttons

Default Captcha Buttons

let's see how long it takes for someone to tell me it's right under my nose...

I would like to see as part of the Form Tools, a Captcha button. Simply with the configurations normally found in the FormsHandler setup, but without the Forms handler. It should be simply the Captcha with a Submit button...

The Forms Handler works fine, I want to layout my form a different way than just in list form.

Is it possible to make such a thing? (without going to third party stuff)
    Last edited by fizz; 04-22-2014 at 06:04 PM.

Form tools?

If you are manually building your form you need to manually insert the captcha code.

http://www.phpcaptcha.org/

If you want to use the form handler component, captcha is one of the options.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

thats kinda where I was going with that.

Form Tools is the name of the toolbar with the various form elements (like button, text field etc..)

I am aware of the Captcha option in form handler, however in order to benefit from the Captcha in the form handler, then all of the form's elements have to be produced by the form handler. and therefore displayed in a list design.

I was merely requesting: put another item in the Form Tools toolbar, a Captcha + Button. where you could simply drop a button in (as if a normal button) but with a Captcha component.

A captcha is a script not an object like a text box or radio button.

Forms do not have captcha scripts, they are not part of the forms "tools"

Captcha scripts are available from a number of sources and need to be inserted within the form tag.

Captcha scripts come in all verities from PHP to ColdFusion to plain javascript. You need to determine which will work on your web hosting account and search for one that you like in a language your web host supports. I sent you to a PHP language captcha site as most folks are on linux hosts and php is pretty universal but check with your web host to make sure they offer PHP before you go to the trouble of getting, modifying, and inserting the script.

Locating and inserting external scripts or using the formhandler are your only options.

You can google to see if you can locate a captch generator if you want something easier than working with raw scripts.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

as this is a location to post suggestions, and as NetObjects already has the ability to place Catpcha elements in a structured form, I only wish to suggest making Captcha with a button it's own element to add to custom forms 'instead' of having to go to outside sources.

and frankly, I think it's a good suggestion. The more drag and drop fusion includes, the wider the appeal to those folks who want to create web sites but don't want to learn html, css, php, javascript, asp, etc.

As the OP said, NoF already includes the ability to generate a capture component (although I use server-side scripting for captcha, as I'm sure you do, Mike) so it shouldn't be difficult for them to include a captcha component independent of the form handler.

It's a question of priorities, though, and for my money it is MUCH more important for NoF to include the ability to generate responsive output - CoffeeCup is expecting to be launching a wysiwyg responsive web designer before the end of the (northern hemisphere) spring. It will give them a major advantage in the code generator market.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    As the OP said, NoF already includes the ability to generate a capture component (although I use server-side scripting for captcha, as I'm sure you do, Mike) so it shouldn't be difficult for them to include a captcha component independent of the form handler.
    I use a honey pot not a captcha. Captchas are form killers for most site visitors, especially the ones you can't read. Don't know how many times I have given up "guessing" what that mess is suppose to be entered and just leave the site to find what I need somewhere else

Responsive design would be the top suggestion for the next release (fingers crossed)

would you believe I found a way to make it work...?

-Place your Form Area.
    -Build your form how you like, with your validations etc.
    -Select any one of your objects (text fields, check boxes etc..)
    -In the Forms Edit Field Properties toolbar - Form General Properties tab set Action to Form Handler (PHP) then punch in your settings (these will be your functioning settings for this form).
    -Then go to the Custom Components rollout, Forms Handler section and select Forms Handler.
    -Click in your Form Area to create a Forms Handler placeholder and expand it a bit (about 200w x 100h)
    -Open the Forms Handler properties and go to the Fields tab.
    -Remove everything in the list (using the -minus button) except the Captcha and Submit.
    -Configure the Captcha any way you want.
    -configure your Submit button the way you want.
    -You do NOT have to do any further configurations in the Forms Handler Pop Up window.

I tried this once before but I couldn't get it to act right. (which was why I started this thread) Some stuff was making it through to the e-mail... some wasn't..

After toying with it. I got it to work. Here are the important things to remember.
    -If you make ANY modifications to your form... (add a new field or object) click on the Forms Handler placeholder, then go to the top of your screen and select Object>Arrange Objects>Bring to Front.
    -The reason for this is procedural. Anything in Front of the Forms Handler, will take place out of sequence with Forms Handler, so therefore will not be part of the submit process.
    -The configurations in Forms Edit Field Properties toolbar - Form General Properties tab are the configs for your form.
    -Editing configurations in the Page or General tabs of the Forms Handler pop-up will have NO EFFECT. Only the Fields tab.

All validations and errors also work fine in both the Forms Handler and normal Form spaces.