Thread: NOF just started to crash

Default NOF just started to crash

NOF 13 with update 3 on Windows 7. Has been working flawlessly since install. Now I just removed IE from the computer, following the instructions, because of the security issues. NOF was still working and then... BAM......crash city!! When I try to switch tabs in page view, and when I go to do work that involves the data source functionality.....BAM again....she goes down. Did the removal of IE cause this or is there some other anomaly..

Any thoughts???

Steve

Ok..just added IE permissions back, started up NOF again, still crashing. So to answer my own question..NO... IE is not the culprit...

Suggestions?

Fusion won't work without IE being installed.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Re-installed NOF 13. Put update 3. Gave IE permissions back. Still crashing. Even simple tasks like switching between tabs in the page view it crashes.

that is why I warned not to remove IE

Okay...so I reinstalled IE and gave it all permissions..Still crashed. I narrowed the crashes down to pages that had dynamic context from mysql. My site is dynamically built. Just yesterday, I added more buttons to the data source tool bar (previous page, next page, first page, last page), these are the buttons that add the action to navigate through recordsets. Shazamm!!!! No more crashes. I would definitely consider this a bug as the program is working fine. I can manually add the action code without using these buttons.
    IE has no permission on my computer and NOF 13 IS working .

IE is required for view switching, example, go to style view and then select various views such as Selectors, if it all works, then IE is working fine

I don't use IE for browsing and I have version 9 installed since it works better with Nof than IE10 or IE11