Thread: Impossible to move Netobjects 2013 sites from Windows 7 to Windows 8

Default Impossible to move Netobjects 2013 sites from Windows 7 to Windows 8

THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED. I HAD DESIGNATED A NEW FOLDER FOR THE USER SITES TO MAKE THE SITES COMPUTER INDEPENDENT. THIS WORKED IN WINDOWS 7. UNFORTUNATELY, IN WINDOWS 8, THE FOLDER DID NOR HAVE THE RIGHT PERMISSIONS. THIS TRIPPED NOF 2013.
    I am moving from Windows 7 to 8 and I moved my installation of Netobjects 2013 to the new computer.
    I transferred the sites and attempted to open the .nod files. Every attempt failed.
    I was expecting that the sites would be identical.
    Anyone faced and solved this issue?
    Last edited by levendel; 05-05-2014 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Problem solved

Hello,

You cannot just copy the sites over from one computer to another or one version to another. The pathing to your files will not be correct doing it that way.

You will need to export to a template for each of your sites. Then on the new computer you will need to start a new site from a template and use the template. This will ensure that you have all of the files that you need and that they are all pathed correctly.

Here is a tutorial on how to do it.

http://vimeo.com/65565856

Gary

Hello Gary
    Thanks for your answer. However, I think that what I am encountering is somewhat different:
    1- It is not that NOF2013 does not find the expected supporting files: it does not recognize the .nod file. In the past, I have moved sites between computers and if you are careful to populate the various directories in the right way, things will be taken care of. In this case, I get a message from Windows 8.1 telling me that they detected a problem with windows and they will contact me whenever there is a solution.
    2- I did exactly what you suggested as an alternate solution: I exported the site as a template and opened a new site with this template. When I wanted to move to the page view on NOF2013 in Windows 8.1, NOF2013 crashed.
    I was wondering whether anyone has been able to transfer a site, in any fashion, from NOF 2013 on Windows 7 to NOF2013 on Windows 8.1.

for some reason
    neither v12 or v13 will run on my old computer
    I click the icon and nothing happens

hmmm . . .
    am about to try myself
    will let you know