Thread: Red page outline in site view.

Question Red page outline in site view.

Greetings All,

I am new to NOF, so apologies in advance if this is a stupid question. I have created a new site basically following the Free NOF Essentials getting started. I am currently running NOF 2013 on both a Vista (home) and Win 8.1 pro laptop/PC. Obviously Essentials and 2013 are poles apart, but I needed to start somewhere. I then tried the NOF XII getting started tutorial using NOF 2013. I am not looking to design a top notch commercial site, but just a personal site with different pages showing different periods/holidays that I have had. I have been successful in getting a simple site to work on both the Vista and Win 2.1 PC's I have created two photo galleries in both my sites, and they both seem to work. (I have only been working on the project for 2 days). My question is this: Is the red outline shown when I select the page, in site view, significant, signalling some sort of error? As I said the galleries seem to be working. The other pages when selected change to a blue outline.

the red outline indicates that you excluded the page from the navigation bar

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    the red outline indicates that you excluded the page from the navigation bar
    OK, I think I got it now. The red outline means that the page was automatically added to the site and not added via the add page button. As Anton stated, it is excluded from the nav bar. It also seems that you cant add any (downstream) pages to it.

How do you feel it was added automatically?

Generally you add the page manually and default for the manually added page is that it is included in navigation.

Usually you have to mark to not include the page in navigation in site view.

Gary

Perhaps the page is added "automatically" by the NOF gallery tool, which typically uses stacked pages for the individual gallery pages. Just guessing, but those might be set to "Exclude from Navigation" to avoid a nav bar horror show.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Quote Originally Posted by garydumbleton View Post
    How do you feel it was added automatically?

Generally you add the page manually and default for the manually added page is that it is included in navigation.

Usually you have to mark to not include the page in navigation in site view.

Gary
    I know it was added automatically because I did not add it manually.
    When you set up a photo gallery you add the initial or parent page (which will contain the thumb nails) by using the add page button. The page that "contains" the actual photos is created automatically. As stated it is not visible in the navigation bar but is visible in the site view, outlined in red when selected and what seems to be a dotted line connecting it to its parent page.

Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    Perhaps the page is added "automatically" by the NOF gallery tool, which typically uses stacked pages for the individual gallery pages. Just guessing, but those might be set to "Exclude from Navigation" to avoid a nav bar horror show.
    It WAS added "automatically" by the NOF gallery tool. I can understand why it is automatically excluded from the navigation bar because you should access it only via the parent (thumbnail) page. My original question was: why is it outlined in red when selected in site view? does the red outline mean that there is an error of some kind that needs to be fixed, even though everything seems to be working OK.

as I said, it means the page has no navigation links and because it is a photogallery stacked page, it means you have chosen a popup gallery

navigation is excluded immediatly when choosing popup

if you disable popup, the red outline will become blue

there is nothing wrong with the red outline