Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E commerce problems

Default E commerce problems

I am struggling to get my store to work. I am using paypal but I cannot get the buy now nor add to cart button to work for me or to even appear. Any help appreciated. Preview is at www.exposingtheword.com/sportsmansbiblestudy. This is a hiding link not active yet.
    thanks

Have you gone over my tutorial on using the e-com component?

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4038

It is a multi page tut so keep clicking NEXT to go through all of the pages.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Default Thanks

Thanks will do so now. I appreciate your time....

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Have you gone over my tutorial on using the e-com component?

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4038

It is a multi page tut so keep clicking NEXT to go through all of the pages.

It does not give me Mal's option...I have a Mal's account...
    It only gives me PayPal, Shoppro.perl and Shoppro.PHP.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	1759
    Last edited by edgarpierce; 05-07-2014 at 01:55 PM.

If you have 100 +/- items you can roll your own store using the info in this tutorial.

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4050

That way you can use any gateway you want to.

If you think you will have over 100 items you should consider dedicated server side shop/store option (check with your web host to see what they offer with your hosting account)
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

This worked great. Thanks. I also was able to add shipping to the individual products and make the value 0.00 for a PDF that will be downloaded. It was done by adding shipping in the hidden area. Thanks again.

I'm having the same issue described by edgarpierce but one difference is, my 'cart' was working as recently as November of 2013 with all updates except Update 5, installed. Now, for no clear reason, neither 'add to cart' nor 'buy' links (I am using links, not buttons although as a test, I switched to buttons and still have the problem), work or are visible on the website. Both 'view cart' and 'checkout', ARE working and are visible when a user selects an item they may be interested in purchasing (my site is for selling jewelry).
    I've tried everything I can think of. All updates to NOF VIII have been made, I've tried 'un-checking' 'Buy' and Add to Cart' in the catalog in then re-checking, in an attempt to 'refresh' the cart. I did notice that 'Add to Cart' and 'Buy' are absent from Assets, which I find kind of interesting. Previously, both those links (smart links) WERE present in Assets.
    Any assistance would be enormously appreciated, no purchases can be made from this website until this issue is resolved. Thanks in advance for your help.

A URL always helps us to help you.

Here you go: http://www.http://drapedinjewelry.com/
    I also realized I did not note my operating system (I worked on this ALL DAY and into the evening yesterday, was quite tired when I added to this thread). I'm using Windows 7 Professional x64.
    I wanted to note as well, that 'Add to Cart' and 'Buy' were checked in all areas it is available, in the cart. Lastly, I went to MalsE to check their support forum but nothing there. Quite limited actually. Thanks again for your help.
    UPDATE: As a test, I created a one-page, new site and incorporated ecommerce. I defined the Mals-E cart, put the appropriate password then added three, ecommerce
    items. 'Add to Cart' and 'Buy' were checked (text links) in the appropriate spots.
    After adding the items I clicked 'Done' on the catalog config page, checked Assets and neither 'Add to Cart' nor 'Buy', were listed. Only 'View Cart' and 'Checkout'. I have to believe that if the 'Add to Cart' and 'Buy' features/functions were working, they would be listed in Assets after I clicked 'Done' in the catalog config. Not sure if this additional info helps but wanted to share it.

ONE LAST UPDATE: As one last test, I tried creating a test site using PayPal as the store engine, instead of MalsE. Same result. No 'Add to Cart', no 'Buy' in Assets. Only View and Checkout. Is it at all possible Update #4 for this product, could have done this? We know all of this worked up to the end of November 2013 and Update #4 came out in Feb. of 2014. I know I installed it. Is there a way to uninstall a particular update? I'm willing to try that to see if that resolves the problem. I would actually need to uninstall Update #4 and Update #5. I don't see any way to do it via the Control Panel/Add or Remove programs.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by nvr; 06-29-2014 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Additional Information to add to the problem description.

I get a 'server not found' error when I try to reach the site you've linked in your post. Is it online?

The only way to uninstall an update is to uninstall NoF and then reinstall it and then apply the updates you want, in your case, update #3.

I haven't used the ecommerce component in NoF since v11 so I can't help much with the version in 2013 but I doubt it's changed much if any. Therefore it's likely that updates to the Mal's and PayPal APIs have broken something in the way the component passes data to their respective carts and the NoF component hasn't been updated to work with them.

How many items do you require? Have you tried Mike's 'roll-your-own' solution if not many. If you have more than makes Mike's solution practical, then i'd recommend using a 3rd party dedicated shopping cart. You can either install your own. I like zencart (and there's very good user community support) or one of the online services of which there are many.

Maybe others who have used the component recently can chip in with some help.