Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HTML 5 photo gallery?

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    You can overlap objects in html 5 output. However, in the latest update there is also an HTML 5 Dynamic output method. This is like the html 4.01 With Tables method so you can't overlap with this method. However, you can have an html 5 layout region inside an html 5 Dynamic page.
    What does it mean 'dynamic' Franko ?

Should I just set my whole site to html5 dynamic?

You should understand all of the NoF 2013 output methods as different methods will be suitable for different requirements. NoF 12 had html 4.01 and html 4.01 with tables as output methods, as well as xhtml. 2013 has both of these, plus html 5 and html 5 dynamic. Html 5 uses, well, html 5 markup while html 5 dynamic uses html 5 markup with the functionality of html 4.01 with tables only without the tables, if that makes sense. It means that where you have variable length content in a container using html 5 dynamic will allow that container to expand whereas html 5 won't leading to overlapping text. Not sure if all methods are described in the documentation yet.

Best bet, use html 5 output until your run into a problem with overlapping objects. If you do, then switch either that page or that layout region to html 5 dynamic and see if that cures it. Keep experimenting until you get what you want.

Ok I think Im getting it. I do use a lot of overlapping object. In old NOF 10 I would put them in a layout frame and set HTML Output as 'fixed page layout' ( has a warning not all browsers)
    I dont have much need for dynamic
    In NOF13 - what should I use for same overlapping objects?

set to HTML5 and UTF8 char set for overlapping items

or use HTML5 dynamic and UTF8 for non overlapping items

Senior Member Thomas Frei-Herrmann's Avatar

Hi,

HTML5 dynamic is pretty important for the components of NOF, for example the guestbook, otherwise all entries would overlap each other.

Also there are many external scripts you could use in NOF which require a dynamic layout - I have probably more than 150 on my tutorial pages for NOF, here is one example:

http://www.nof-tutorials.com/Forum/forum.php

I rather do not know what for I would need now the, with update 4, changed HTML5 output.
    Tommy

Administrator at the German NOF-Forum

NOF-Tutorials.com | German NOF-Forum | Overview of my tutorials | Facebook

did you try WELOOKUPS
    http://welookups.com/